Network TV

30dive

Programing question.....I know that laws prevent watching other markets network programing, however, if my local stations keep pre-empting network programing why the hell can't I tune into the standard network programs that I want to watch.

Presently some guy (gal) decides what I can watch. Why shouldn't I be able to watch network programs when the local affiliate does not show it for its business reasons. I'm thinking if DTV (or cable outfits) had let say four designated network programing only channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) and when the local station pre-empts network programs we should be able to tune in the network channel. I think this would be more realistic for DTV/Dish etc. as the cable exec. drink and golf at the same club with the local TV station exec), but this would be kinda the reverse of what DTV does with the NFL, when the local channel shows the Bills (my choice) and the DTV 700 series channnel showing the Bills game is blocked.

Thoughts, ideas?????

Help.

Thoughts?  I think you posted this already in a different thread.

CW

204195[/snapback]

Yep and I thought I edited it with "I think this would be a good New Topic" in hopes you and others would see it.