Carrington agent

I am expecting big things from Carrington this year. Let's hope that we can get both him and Byrd signed long term.

I wonder if Parker knows the $$ in the NFL is not with a franchise like the Bills, so he works to get his players out of the franchise as soon as possible. With one serious injury ending careers in the NFL, the players justifiably are just as much mercenaries as Parker, so the strategy is pretty much sound, don't you think? They have to make a kiiling on that second contract because in all likelihood it will be their last big payday. Loyalty is a pretty scarce commodity in the NFL I would imagine.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Parker knows the $$ in the NFL is not with a franchise like the Bills, so he works to get his players out of the franchise as soon as possible. With one serious injury ending careers in the NFL, the players justifiably are just as much mercenaries as Parker, so the strategy is pretty much sound, don't you think? They have to make a kiiling on that second contract because in all likelihood it will be their last big payday. Loyalty is a pretty scarce commodity in the NFL I would imagine.

It is a two-way street. Without guaranteed contracts, the teams can also cut the players at their discretion. There is nothing wrong in Byrd maximizing his potential, because he may not get another chance.

Ever hear of the Salary Cap?

PTR

Yes the articles from that bygone era are available on the internets and there's a reason why you couldn't find them.

It could only be one of two things. I heard the internet tubes were not as wide back then. So, maybe they couldn't make it through the tube?

The other possibility could be the article doesn't exist?

It could only be one of two things. I heard the internet tubes were not as wide back then. So, maybe they couldn't make it through the tube?

The other possibility could be the article doesn't exist?

or the dreaded third option - eugene parker with all his money bought the pre-2005 internet to control the narrative for his negotiations.

Seriously.

(I love this place.)

See my sarcasm sensor was on when I replied, off when I read your reply so I don't know if you agreed or bashed me. Oh well.

But at least two posters here talked about tagging the guy, with stat's like this below?

is the Alex carrington being discussed here wear #92?

Because here's some of his career stats.

Tackles - 29

Sacks - 4

Forced fumbles - 2

Starts - 6

Is there now worry's this super star DE will bolt from the bills because of Eugene Parker?

See my sarcasm sensor was on when I replied, off when I read your reply so I don't know if you agreed or bashed me. Oh well.

But at least two posters here talked about tagging the guy, with stat's like this below?

I was agreeing with you. Any talk about franchising this guy is typical of the "irrational exuberance" that grips some here on frequent occasions.

Parker is an excellent agent. The fact that he has taken Carrington on suggests that he thinks that Carrington is good. Given Carrington's strong performance in the second half of last season, I buy that. I look at this as a good sign.

Link?

The funny thing is, we won out on the Jason Peters deal, IMHO. I also think he put Bryd in a bad spot this year. I feel like if Bryd comes back, with no off season he gets hurt, or underperforms. On top of that, Marrone has shown that he uses the guys who have the reps.

Parker seems to be about getting paid right now. Not the future careers of players. Has a franchise player hold out ever yielded more money the next year?

The funny thing is, we won out on the Jason Peters deal, IMHO. I also think he put Bryd in a bad spot this year. I feel like if Bryd comes back, with no off season he gets hurt, or underperforms. On top of that, Marrone has shown that he uses the guys who have the reps.

Parker seems to be about getting paid right now. Not the future careers of players. Has a franchise player hold out ever yielded more money the next year?

Parker is working on behalf of his clients, who have relatively short career lives in the NFL and generally have one shot at a big payday, since the NFL salaries are not guaranteed. He's using the only leverage he has to earn his client the contract he feels he deserves. It's up to Byrd to stay in best shape possible to avoid injury after he returns. If Marrone/Pettine don't play him, it will largely be out of spite, because there's no better FS in camp than Byrd (even after missing training camp).

Parker is working on behalf of his clients, who have relatively short career lives in the NFL and generally have one shot at a big payday, since the NFL salaries are not guaranteed. He's using the only leverage he has to earn his client the contract he feels he deserves. It's up to Byrd to stay in best shape possible to avoid injury after he returns. If Marrone/Pettine don't play him, it will largely be out of spite, because there's no better FS in camp than Byrd (even after missing training camp).

That's nice. What if he winds up screwing up his clients career in the process?

PTR

I agree with you.

But what if bryd isn't in game shape (hitting, tackling), and doesn't grasp the whole playbook...

I'm not trying to work in any emotion or spite. I'm not even saying he won't come back and light it up. But he hasent played football since November. It almost takes that long to make a baby....

Also, I didn't imply he wouldn't play.

Edited by JaxBills

What does this even mean? Plenty of players have been rewarded with big-money, market-level contracts with this team. Even the most casual of fans knows this; your statement is more than a little confusing.

That's nice. What if he winds up screwing up his clients career in the process?

PTR

How is Parker doing that? Only an injury can realistically screw up Byrd's career. He's proven to be a top safety over the last 4 years. If the Bills don't play him this year, he'll still command a big payday in 2014.