salaries of local sports radio guys

Mr. Sparkle

Does any one know how little these local sports radio guys actually make?  I hear all the time about how they don't do it for the money or how its impossible to survive on the pay they are getting.  Does any one know how much it actually is that they make?

204144[/snapback]

Filling out your application for the "Connecticut School of Broadcasting?"

:doh:

I like Mike and the MadDog in NYC are millionares....like 1-2 Million per year

204160[/snapback]

Yeah, but for every guy working the prime slot on a huge NYC station and being syndicated, there are about a thousand schmos doing sports radio in some crappy station in 2d or 3d tier cities who probably don't make much at all.

Seriously, what are they talking about now on sports radio in Buffalo? Once the playoffs are over, I would think these guys are gonna have a hard time filling the time until July.

Local radio jockeys (sports or not) do NOT make a lot of money at all. . .most entry level announcers start at the minimum $5 per hour and the highest it seems to go in the WNY market, as far as I know, is around $15. But WGR is a little bigger than some stations because of its relationship with Entercom.

Seriously, what are they talking about now on sports radio in Buffalo?  Once the playoffs are over, I would think these guys are gonna have a hard time filling the time until July.

204185[/snapback]

Here in Rachacha they discuss everything that the national reports cover. Actually I prefer to listen Brad Davies (local broadcaster) over Jim Rome. Rome is annoying.