Toronto's Indie 88 FM

Sounds cool! Here in Chicago they have XRT (93.1 FM)... Going on 40+ years strong... This channel appears a lot like them... Do they have live dic jockey's 24/7?

They only just started but I'm certain they will have live jocks.

They only just started but I'm certain they will have live jocks.

I probably sound old fashioned... Nothing beats a live talking voice on the radio! Especially when they spin their own music tastes! It has gotta be pricey for the station and hassle about scheduling shifts and what not. It gives a personal feel, especially when some are covering for others etc... IMO, it is well worth it! I wonder how many stations across the country still program old-school?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I probably sound old fashioned... Nothing beats a live talking voice on the radio! Especially when they spin their own music tastes! It has gotta be pricey for the station and hassle about scheduling shifts and what not. It gives a personal feel, especially when some are covering for others etc... IMO, it is well worth it! I wonder how many stations across the country still program old-school?

Very few are live around the clock. Not when you can let a computer do it. I think Canada has limits on automated shifts but the FCC doesn't care.

PTR

God I miss Canadian radio...Raleigh radio make 97 Rock look cutting edge...

Ouch .... That is scary.

I miss the Canucks on the air also. Toronto had better alternative music and broadened the choices that Buffalo on its own could never support.

Ouch .... That is scary.

I miss the Canucks on the air also. Toronto had better alternative music and broadened the choices that Buffalo on its own could never support.

BB: In Chicago, do you listen to XRT? Seems they have had (40+ years and running, full time DJ's that play their own stuff) the same format PTR posted... Really only station I listen to OTA.

Thanks PTR...I still listen to The Radio Station that you suggested a while ago...

And just as a reminder to everyone, TuneInRadio is an app you can add for free that will pick up almost any station around the world. I just added PTR's suggestion of Indie 88 to my playlist.