Kyle Williams-a great player and an even better guy

In the "10 Thoughts with Bills lineman Kyle Williams" Si.com article, Williams talks about how we would have considered entering the military had he not had the opportunity to play college football, calling people in the military "true heroes," He also says that he feels being blessed to play in the NFL is an honor and how winning and losing isnt as important as the relationships that you develop along the way. Sounds like a real classy dude and I am glad that we have him on the Bills.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/01/kyle-williams-10-things/?sct=hp_bf1_a5&eref=sihp

I agree, dascottbills28, he's a class act and I wish there were more like him in the NFL. I'm hoping to score a new Bills jersey this season (without the toilet seat collar) and I'm thinking seriously of getting #95 b/c Williams is such a decent guy and a high-motor player who always gives you his best. Unlike another high-priced D-lineman I could name......

I agree, dascottbills28, he's a class act and I wish there were more like him in the NFL. I'm hoping to score a new Bills jersey this season (without the toilet seat collar) and I'm thinking seriously of getting #95 b/c Williams is such a decent guy and a high-motor player who always gives you his best. Unlike another high-priced D-lineman I could name......

this is comical. The amount of games Williams has been injured for over the last 3 years is a joke. And he hasn't done much of anything in those 3 years either.

Kyle's #95 is my only jersey these days!

Kyle might be my favorite player . The man is good s+++ all around. and brings it all all the time. Injuries he played through and his words have sealed the deal those who think less of him and many do it seems dont make me no mind.

I know what i know.

Love to see him in full go with this Pettine defense. match made in heaven. prolly why Pettine signed on. him and the fat kid Marcel.

Kyle's #95 is my only jersey these days!

and thats saying something!

Go Kyle!

Edited by 3rdand12

kyle williams is an asset to the team and the community. a great guy and a pretty good football player that gives all he's got when he's on the field. he is also an asset to the nfl, and i think there are a lot of guys in the league like him. guys that are humble, honest and appreciative, but those people do not get the coverage that players who make horrible choices get. unfortunately that says a lot about our society...but yeah, very happy kyle williams is a buffalo bill.

In the "10 Thoughts with Bills lineman Kyle Williams" Si.com article, Williams talks about how we would have considered entering the military had he not had the opportunity to play college football, calling people in the military "true heroes," He also says that he feels being blessed to play in the NFL is an honor and how winning and losing isnt as important as the relationships that you develop along the way. Sounds like a real classy dude and I am glad that we have him on the Bills.

http://mmqb.si.com/2...f1_a5&eref=sihp

Relationships are nice but it would be much better with winning.

It is somewhat amazing that he has not connected more with the fans in B-Lo and vice-versa. He is the blue collar type of player that normally the city just loves.

really? Yiu don't think that is the only reason why he's loved so much? Kyle gets way more credit than he should.

I don't understand how people don't realize that he's been one of the constants on this defense over the past few years. The same years that we hemmoraged RBs into our secondary.

this is comical. The amount of games Williams has been injured for over the last 3 years is a joke. And he hasn't done much of anything in those 3 years either.

You must be smoking crack...he was the profootball focus defensive MVP two years ago and was unblockable for most of those games, the Pittsburgh one in particular where it seemed he was in the backfield all game, the one where Stevie dropped the game winning TD in OT and blamed God, lol

1) most NFL players are really good guys. But the 5% who do dumb stuff are the ones media & most fans talk about.

2) KW is an undersized, penetrating DT. He is one of the best pass rushing DTs in the league. He's a female dog to block. But the strength of his game is not defending the run. Still, he's a pro bowl talent & one of the best Bills best draft picks in about 20 years.

3) when they make a real life Family Guy movie, if KW doesn't get cast as Peter Griffin, it will be an outrage.

You must be smoking crack...he was the profootball focus defensive MVP two years ago and was unblockable for most of those games, the Pittsburgh one in particular where it seemed he was in the backfield all game, the one where Stevie dropped the game winning TD in OT and blamed God, lol

one game you cited. How about the last 3+ seasons where our defense gave up more rushing yards than any team in Bills history?

He is the DT is he not? He's supposed to help tackling the RB is he not? He supposed to help seal a gap in the middle of the Defensive line is he not?

Just because the guy has a few sacks a year doesn't make him a good player. He'll, Aaron Maybin had more with the Jets a few years ago than Kyle ever has.

I'm not saying the guy is horrible. But the only reason he gets all the love that he does is because he's a big, fat, white, high motor, blue collar, lunch pal to work kind of guy. That's great. But he's still not that good.

while I certainly respect our military members.....the word 'HERO' is thrown around way too much these days. being in the military doesn't make you a hero.---Jumping on a grenade to save your fellow troops..now we can start saying 'HERO'.

one game you cited. How about the last 3+ seasons where our defense gave up more rushing yards than any team in Bills history?

He is the DT is he not? He's supposed to help tackling the RB is he not? He supposed to help seal a gap in the middle of the Defensive line is he not?

Just because the guy has a few sacks a year doesn't make him a good player. He'll, Aaron Maybin had more with the Jets a few years ago than Kyle ever has.

I'm not saying the guy is horrible. But the only reason he gets all the love that he does is because he's a big, fat, white, high motor, blue collar, lunch pal to work kind of guy. That's great. But he's still not that good.

Actually, he was graded very highly against the run by PFF in all of those years, which probably means he wasn't the problem, and other players were f'ing up there assignments and filling the wrong gaps...

while I certainly respect our military members.....the word 'HERO' is thrown around way too much these days. being in the military doesn't make you a hero.---Jumping on a grenade to save your fellow troops..now we can start saying 'HERO'.

I think things were a little bit different when guys didn't have a choice (i.e., the draft). Nowadays the military consists of those who choose to serve of their own free will, with a subsection of miscreants who can't otherwise function in society and need the structure.

I respect the hell out of anyone who is willing to put his or her life on the line, but it is a choice -- just like becoming a policeman, firefighter, doctor, etc.

The job itself doesn't bring "hero" status -- the actions of the individual do.

Actually, he was graded very highly against the run by PFF in all of those years, which probably means he wasn't the problem, and other players were f'ing up there assignments and filling the wrong gaps...

yeah. That's gotta be it. I'm positive now after PFF informed me that it had nothing to do with Kyle. Nothing at all.

Just watch him, he gets gobbled up by OLmen when playing the run. He's a very good pass rusher for a DT. I'll give him that. But honestly, that's not what I want out of my DT. We've had run stopping problems for years. Since he's been on the team actually. I'd rather take 5 less sacks a year for a guy that can stop a RB or at least clog up the hole so the LBers can.