"What if Obama can't lead?" :o

I actually think he could restrain himself, but his personality cult won't let him.

Thus the arrant stupidity of Obama's retrenchment. The web site wasn't ready, wasn't going to be ready for some time. So he could have gone to the House Republicans with that in his back pocket and said "No, I won't let you defund it...but I'll tell you what, you delay it for a year and I'll deliver the Senate for you, and in return you give me the CR and a debt ceiling increase to cover us to calendar year 2015."

Sure, he compromises, and the Republicans get to crow about a half-victory, which is slightly embarrassing. But in return, he gets time he know he needs to straighten out this mess. Instead, he picks a fight, insists it can't be delayed...and is now going to have to delay it anyway. Much more embarrassing, with him additionally looking like an idiot in the bargain.

He could have compromised, looked reasonable, and got EVERYTHING he needed. Instead, he had to make sure the Republicans were as marginalized as possible, even if it was at his own expense. Incredibly stupid way to work The Hill.

Which leads me to believe he really didn't have a clue regarding the challenges with rolling out the site now. There is no way he's this dumb. But if he didn't know how !@#$ed up it was he's also dumb. So there you have it. Our country is a remake of Dumb and Dumber. It's just that in this version they're both the same guy.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which leads me to believe he really didn't have a clue regarding the challenges with rolling out the site now. There is no way he's this dumb. But if he didn't know how !@#$ed up it was he's also dumb. So there you have it. Our country is a remake of Dumb and Dumber. It's just that in this version they're both the same guy.

Ever see the movie idiotocracy? I'm 100% convinced the idiots have multipled enough to the point where we are a generation closer and increasing the odds that our civilization will be dumber in the future that it currently is. 5 generations from now after reality tv and obama the smartest person in the world really might be a hooker from the past in a time machine.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Which gets me thinking...most ex-presidents stay very quiet and guarded about their comments during their successors' administrations.

Between his ego and the rabid personality cult that surrounds him, one wonders if Obama can hold himself to that standard.

You know who else has gone silent on this? All my lib friends on Facebook who took delight posting how the shutdown was all the GOP's fault but not a peep out of them regarding whose fault this !@#$ed up roll out is.

You know who else has gone silent on this? All my lib friends on Facebook who took delight posting how the shutdown was all the GOP's fault but not a peep out of them regarding whose fault this !@#$ed up roll out is.

It's the GOP's duh

Huffington Post

Howard Dean: GOP Also To Blame For Botched Obamacare Rollout

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/howard-dean-gop-obamacare-rollout_n_4156952.html

'Byaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!'

- Dave Chappelle

http://youtu.be/b4AGqvyW9Gc

I'm gonna chop this mfn desk in half!

It's the GOP's duh

Huffington Post

Howard Dean: GOP Also To Blame For Botched Obamacare Rollout

http://www.huffingto..._n_4156952.html

Can't wait for thanksgiving this year to hear from my F-in-L about how this is all the GOP's fault. Oh joy!

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH . . . .Obama Flees ObamaCare Disaster For New York Fundraiser.

The president will fly to his two New York fundraisers on Air Force One gratis because he’s also got a quick non-partisan stop at a local high school.”

Well, that was certainly convenient.

Well that's all he's good at. He can fundraise with the best of em. .........Well and he can also blame republicans, read a teleprompter and campaign all quite well. Oh and he's also proficient in travel and golf.

I don't find it surprising that he's not saying anything, as it's the norm to let the POTUS govern to his best abilities without commentary from past office holders or election losers. Cheney's commentary a few years back was a departure from protocol, because he thought Obama's foreign policies were dangerous.

All bets are off starting next year in mid-term elections and the 2016 race in sight.

I'll forgive your lapse of memory regarding Algore and the Intemperates vicious criticisms of W. The Klintons got in a lot of kicks too. There's no doubt whatsoever that B.O. will run his flannel mouth ad infinitum once he's out of office and pumping the speech and book tour circuits. He's a piece of human excrement in shoes.

I'll forgive your lapse of memory regarding Algore and the Intemperates vicious criticisms of W. The Klintons got in a lot of kicks too. There's no doubt whatsoever that B.O. will run his flannel mouth ad infinitum once he's out of office and pumping the speech and book tour circuits. He's a piece of human excrement in shoes.

Hillary was a sitting US Senator during the Bush administration, so was well within her right to comment on administration policies. I don't recall Bill saying much of anything.

THE HILL: GOP comfortable ignoring Obama pleas for vote on immigration bill.

I think people are getting more comfortable just ignoring Obama, period.

BLUE STATE TURNS RED: A frustrated and angry West Virginia has been cutting ties with its reliably Democratic roots.

So they’re capable of learning. Puts them ahead of some other Dem constituencies I can think of. Though the WaPo story tries to make them sound like ungrateful peasants.

Plus:

And there is
the enduring mystery of why the president, who in his career has attempted to persuade the American people to have greater faith in and reliance on the federal government’s ability to help, continues to go forward with an astounding lack of interest in the reputation of government.

He talks but he doesn’t implement,
never makes it work. He allows the IRS under his watch to be humiliated by scandal, waste, ill judgements prompted by ideological assumptions. He allows his signature program, the one that will make his name in the history books, to debut in failure. In response he says bland, rounded words that leave you wondering what just got said.

We’re all reading of Jack Kennedy. He stayed up nights with self-recrimination after failure. “How could I have been so stupid?” he asked about the Bay of Pigs. A foreseeable mistake and he’d blown it, listened to the wrong people, made the wrong judgments. That man suffered over his missteps. He worried about his reputation, and the reputation of his government, and of America.

It is disorienting to not see this in a president. It is another thing about this story that feels not only historic, but historically strange.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304799404579156051573619122

Hillary was a sitting US Senator during the Bush administration, so was well within her right to comment on administration policies. I don't recall Bill saying much of anything.

Yup, plus Hillary was prepping for the WH run. Bill, not only stayed quiet, but got very chummy with Bush the Elder on the philanthropy circuit.

ROGER SIMON: Obama Should Be Impeached . . . For Cluelessness. (sarcasm, for those low-info posters)

“When I read Sunday evening in the Wall Street Journal that Barack Obama was ‘unaware’ until last summer that the U. S. spied on thirty-five world leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, I was frankly stupefied.

No wonder Obamacare and practically everything else from foreign policy to energy policy is an unmitigated mess. This president and his administration have taken hands-off leadership and leading from behind to unprecedented levels.

What exactly does our president do for a living? What’re we paying him for?”

He reigns, but does not rule. He leaves the actual work to the likes of Valerie Jarrett, people formidable enough in their milieu but rather narrow in skills and knowledge.

Obama accused of misleading voters on Benghazi, Obamacare, Merkel. There's a pattern here

by Tim Stanley

We all expect presidents to be "economical with the truth" at least once in their career – but in the last few days Barack Obama's administration has been charged with telling no fewer than three fibs on three separate subjects. And these aren't falsehoods of the trivial "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" variety. They go to the very heart of how Obama runs his White House and governs his country.

http://blogs.telegra...a-pattern-here/

Obama's big lie

by Jonah Goldberg

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/commentary/la-oe-goldberg-obamacare-failure-20131029,0,6727221.column#axzz2j5iplMOB

Man, to put in office the bumbling fools we have, those Bilderbergers/Illuminati/Freemasons/Rothschilds/Lizard People who control everything are the most incompetent puppeteers ever.

Or maybe...that's what they WANT us to think. :ph34r: