"What if Obama can't lead?" :o

Truthfully, it's Putin who's rebooting the cold war.

Obama just has absolutely no clue about it. Give it a couple months, and Obama will be coming back from a summit, waving a piece of paper and shouting "Peace in our time!"

I feel if it weren't for Obama painting us as a paper tiger Putin may not be rebooting the cold war so because of that Obama also has a hand in this reboot.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worse than CNN ridiculously referring to international geo-politics as "bullying" is that they apparently fail to realize that, if Putin is "bullying" anyone, it's THE UKRAINE and not Obama.

That a so-called news organization can completely ignore - willfully or obtusely - the real story in favor making this a schoolyard-level story about the president is absolutely sickening.

Wait, you mean it's not all about Barry?

If POTUS has any common sense at all, he realizes he has his ass firmly in a major crack over the Ukraine issue. Which of his totally ineffective "consequences" will he lay on the table first? Of course, an even scarier thought involves Hill'ry having to respond to the Ukraine crisis. If only Rosie O'Donnell was our ambassador to the Ukraine.

Unless he's willing to bomb Russia, the only meaningful consequence he can even consider is economic sanctions...and there is no way he goes that alone, no way it works if we go it alone, and no way the UN Security Council backs sanctions. The only possibly ally he might have in that is China, and only then if he throws Japan and Taiwan under the bus with regards to the East China Sea and Senkaku islands.

Or, like I implied earlier, he can go all Neville Chamberlain on the issue. Honestly, that's probably his best move.

I feel if it weren't for Obama painting us as a paper tiger Putin may not be rebooting the cold war so because of that Obama also has a hand in this reboot.

Mens rea. I don't think Obama even knows what he's doing.

Now, damn it Vlad, you promised you wouldn't take military action! Listen, you Rooskie, I've got my jeans and chambray shirt on, so don't for a minute think I'll sit still for this; keep this up and I'll send VP Biden to San Francisco to make dumb comments about your hockey team.....Oh yeah, the hell I won't.

post-9932-0-85982800-1393727554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keukasmallies

How embarassing for liberals.

Russian invasion of Ukraine = the death of the Reset Button, and the entire universe of the liberal foreign policy tenets from 2005-today.

It's all over, for the kids. Thank God. We will no longer be lectured by children, who based their entire argument on the bumblings of Bush, and not on sound understanding and conception of how the world really is.

The irony of this happening the same week that we are told gutting the military is a good idea...priceless.

Yes, Liberals now own:

1. Obamacare

2. The Minimum Wage Economy/The Food Stamp Economy

3. War through Weakness

2014 is lining up to be a blow out. The ? isn't whether the GOP can take the Senate anymore. They will. The new ? = will the GOP gains made in 2014 offset the probable losses in 2016, thus allowing the GOP to retain the Senate through at least 2018?

putin-obama.png?w=430&h=272

The point of this pic being that Obama's foreign policy is cautious, risk-averse.

Putin's more about "strength," swagger, pride/ego........................ :lol:

I see that Obama has gone from voting present as a Senator to not even being present as a President

desk..-300x198.jpg

Photo of President Obama talking on phone to Russian President Putin today from the Oval Office

Admin officials tell CNN's Barbara Starr this is an "uncontested arrival" not necessarily "an invasion" and that this distinction is "key."

That's right: “Uncontested arrival” is the best Orwellian euphemism for war since “kinetic military action.”

Explain to me why he went out there an hour ago and blathered about his “deep concern” for violations of Ukraine’s sovereignty if we’re adopting the position that maybe Ukraine’s not the rightful sovereign in Crimea after all. I took his statement to be a condemnation of Russian action today, but maybe I have it wrong. Maybe all he meant was that a broader invasion of Ukraine would threaten the country’s sovereignty — although your guess is as good as mine as to how broad it’d have to be to trigger U.S. disapproval. A Russian incursion into the rest of eastern Ukraine might also go uncontested. At this point, if you’re Putin, hearing this reaction from the White House (and crickets from the EU, do note), why not give it a go?

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/02/28/u-s-assessment-of-crimea-this-isnt-an-invasion-its-an-uncontested-arrival/

knottyforeignpolicy.jpg

Couldn't he move his tee time ? Obama Skips National Security Meeting on Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

I'd have to imagine if George Bush didn't show up to a National Security briefing after A invaded B,

NBC, ABC, CBS News, the NYT et al would have some ?'s.

To any of you Conservative cry babies: What would/Should Romney have done if he were--lol, ha ha--the President?

McCain had some interesting, though unrealistic suggestions. Including admitting Georgia into NATO, re-engaging eastern Europe with the missile defense shield and get Ukraine on the track to joining NATO.

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-punish-putin-000600943--politics.html;_ylt=A0LEVy_joxJT0W8A17lXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0ajk2cnNqBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3Ml8x

To any of you Conservative cry babies: What would/Should Romney have done if he were--lol, ha ha--the President?

Apparently the answer to that is to make useless threats and act tough while asking Mr. Putin to find a solution that doesn't make the US look weak and incompetent.

From the one and only Albert Brooks

BookCover_normal.jpgAlbert Brooks @AlbertBrooks Follow

Did Obama just declare war or wish us a good weekend? I can't tell.

5:18 PM - 28 Feb 2014

and Pat

8a65a1a4a7df91a4ab7145d1add83cf4_normal.jpegPat Sajak @patsajak Follow

Visited Moscow in 1987 when it was USSR. Sounds like I might get that opportunity again before too long.

To put it in Olympic terms, Putin is competing in biathlon while Obama is ice dancing.

11:49 AM - 1 Mar 2014

Oh, you misunderstand: I'm not crying. I'm laughing. Your idiot party and the media that has been carrying their water...have lost all credibility as of today. You'd already lost on Obamcare, the economy, and governing in general. Now you've lost the last thing: foreign policy.

Yeah, you won in 2012...by lying and cheating, and forcing every elected Democrat in the country into supporting a presidential candidate they would have abandoned/modulated on, if that cadidate wasn't "the Messiah".

Now, because you saved little Barry, they all have to pay the price. That's hilarious. This event destorys Hillary Clinton's chances to retain the "engagement" foreign policy approach. She can't run on it, so she won't run on it.

It's always back to the same thing for you:

nominate Hillary, and see the progressive agenda paid lip service, but destroyed in practice

or

nominate Elizabeth Warren/some other crackpot and lose 49 states, like Mondale did.

Those are your choices now, and that's why: I am laughing. :lol:

Not spout off about the "red line" and lack of legitimacy in the Assad regime in Syria, for starters. Failing that, then showing some backbone and backing up such statements with actual actions, and not caving to Russian interests.

This never happens if Obama shows even a shred of leadership on the world stage.

Bhre6_jIAAEiH-e.png

White House released a P.R. picture of Mr. Obama "talking" with Putin............................so did he stand for 90 minutes ?......lol

The denim shirt and jeans look is fabulous though...............very "strong" look.....

Remember..........................he has a pen and phone.

Bhre6_jIAAEiH-e.png

White House released a P.R. picture of Mr. Obama "talking" with Putin............................so did he stand for 90 minutes ?......lol

The denim shirt and jeans look is fabulous though...............very "strong" look.....

Don't worry, next week they'll be releasing shirtless pictures of Obama engaging in manly endeavors. He has to keep making himself look like he's not Putin's well-trained B word.

Bhre6_jIAAEiH-e.png

I see the phone. Judging by Barry's body language in the photo-op, I'm assuming Putin shoved the pen up Barry's ass.

I see the phone. Judging by Barry's body language in the photo-op, I'm assuming Putin shoved the pen up Barry's ass.

That's not what I saw. His body language is every bit the man who is realizing that what should have been a 20-minute call was turning into something that was about to interrupt a tee time.