"What if Obama can't lead?" :o

This was eyepopping. Obamacare is the single most important initiative of his presidency. The website rollout was, as the President himself has repeatedly stated, the most important element of the law’s debut. Domestically speaking there was no higher priority for the President and his staff than getting this right.
And the President is telling the world that a week before the disaster he had no idea how that website was doing.

Reflect on that for a moment.
The President of the United States is
sitting in the Oval Office
golfing, shooting hoops, jetting around the country campaigning, fund raising, pontificating on his great benevolentness, blaming Republicans, and partying with the Hollywood elite day after day.
The West Wing is stuffed with high power aides. His political appointees sit atop federal bureaucracies, monitoring the work of the career staff around them. The President has told his core team, over and over, that the health care law and the website rollout are his number one domestic priorities.

And with all this, neither he nor, apparently, anyone in his close circle of aides and advisors knew that the website was a disaster.

The man does not know what a President is supposed to do. He's lazy. He loves the power and the high life, but he's never worked a day in his life.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it out of the question to think Obama is working on a way to get a third term?

Absolutely. By the time 2016 comes around, he'll be begging to go live in obscurity.

Even with the stupidity of most Americans, this will NEVER happen. For anyone, not just current encumbant...

Profiles in Courage....................

WH: Obama skips Gettysburg Address because of 'whole website thing'...

Hey, it's not like he was sworn in (twice) on Lincoln's Bible...or modeled a campaign train ride after the one Lincoln took...or referenced Lincoln repeatedly in his 2007 Springfield announcement to run for president.

Fortunately, Obama has been pretty consistent in his distaste for Lincoln and all he stands for, so the snub on the 150th anniversary shouldn't surprise anyone.

Besides...he's busy writing code for that website.

More shameful actions..............

Obama Cuts ‘Under God’ Out of Gettysburg Address

In a recorded recitation uploaded to YouTube on November 9, President Obama read the address in its entirety. However, when it came to the line “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom,” the President left out the words “under God.”

Obama’s omission occurs at the 1:35 mark.

It's the Gettysburg address..............you don't get to pick and choose.

And if he attended the Gettysburg Address, the right would be up in arms because he wasn't fixing Obamacare. Big !@#$ing deal.

Sorry, your standard "pox on both sides" often time fits.

It does not here.

In these the last days of Obama as a religion, the WaPo writes of the "dwindling faith in his competence and in many of the personal attributes that have buoyed him in the past."

Oh, the language of the once-true believers is so careful! And yet you can still see that it was a religion, kind of a religion. There was faith, but it's dwindling. It was faith in his competence and in many of the personal attributes. And our faith buoyed him. We kept him aloft in the heavens and — this is a report on a poll — in the polls.

On three measures of leadership and empathy that have been tested repeatedly in Post-ABC polls, Obama now is underwater on all three for the first time. Half or more now say he is not a strong leader, does not understand the problems of “people like you,” and is not honest and trustworthy. Perceptions of the president as a strong leader have dropped 15 points since January, and over the past year the percentage of registered voters who say he is not honest and trustworthy has increased 12 points....

Edited by B-Man

Sorry, your standard "pox on both sides" often time fits.

It does not here.

Look, I think he's right that Obama is in a damned if you do/don't moment with attending the 150th anniversary speech thing, butI think Erick Erickson does a good job of pointing out why this is so embarrassing for the president.

Obama has tied himself to Lincoln from the very moment he announced he was running for president. He pissed it all away with being too afraid to be in public for an important moment of reflection. This will blow over tomorrow when some other Obamacare problem is released, but today he brought this ridicule on his own self. Wrapping yourself in Lincoln's legacy isn't something you can do when you feel like it and still be taken seriously by those who are watching.

Erickson article here.

Back in November 2008, Newsweek profiled me. It was the first major profile ever done of me. I framed it of course. The issue came out November 24, 2008. The cover story in that issue was “Obama’s Lincoln.” The subtitle was “The Strength of Humility: Channelling the 16th President.” A drawing of Abraham Lincoln loomed large on the page over a small Barack Obama. Lincoln, joined to Obama, served as Obama’s shadow.

Throughout President Obama’s time in the Senate, on the campaign trail for President, and into his Presidency, he and his advisors have worked overtime tying his legacy to that of Abraham Lincoln. He is an heir of Lincoln’s legacy as the first black President.

So it is well noted today that, on the 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, the current President of the United States, in whose house resides the last known copy of the speech written in Lincoln’s hand, could not be bothered to show up at Gettysburg.

Dan Pfeiffer, a senior advisor to the President, claims he could not go to Gettysburg because of a scheduling conflict. That conflict turned out to be Obama is personally fixing the Obamacare website. I kid you not.

Edited by LABillzFan

Look, I think he's right that Obama is in a damned if you do/don't moment with attending the 150th anniversary speech thing, butI think Erick Erickson does a good job of pointing out why this is so embarrassing for the president.

Precisely. It wasn't a "pox on both sides" observation, it was an observation that in this particular situation Obama couldn't win. Having to choose between "criticize Obama for not commemorating the Gettysburg Address because he's dealing with the ACA" and "criticize Obama for ignoring the ACA because he's commemorating the Gettysburg address" is a fool's choice.

But then, of course, the White House has to step in and defend His Majesty from criticism. And leave it to the White House to take a fire - that shouldn't even be burning - and pour gasoline over it.

Idiots. Doubly so because they're either a) completely lying, or b) Obama is directly involved in fixing the web site, in which situation he can do nothing more than act as a seagull manager.

How is he dealing with the ACA? Writing code? Thinking up more illegal "fixes"?

How did Bush handle Katrina? Meetings, more meetings, still more meetings.

On the other hand, how did Bush, Sr. handle Desert Storm? He went on vacation to Kennebunkport the night it kicked off, because by then it was well out of his hands.

Which of those three - Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and Obama - seems the better manager? (And I doubt Bush, Sr. could get away with that these days - the "Why isn't he in the situation room!" outcry would be deafening.)

How did Bush handle Katrina? Meetings, more meetings, still more meetings.

On the other hand, how did Bush, Sr. handle Desert Storm? He went on vacation to Kennebunkport the night it kicked off, because by then it was well out of his hands.

Which of those three - Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and Obama - seems the better manager? (And I doubt Bush, Sr. could get away with that these days - the "Why isn't he in the situation room!" outcry would be deafening.)

Well, given the fact that the order you've listed them in...is also the order of their "managerial experience" who should we expect the better manager to be?

And if this was on a line, wouldn't it be

10_Bush Sr_9_8_7_6_5_4_Bush JR(Hey he was a governor and he managed the Texans)_3_2_1_0_-1_-2_-3_-4_Obama_-5 etc.?

Obama's at 4.5 because while he has gotten some OJT, he "knows so many things that aren't so", that it is overcome, and getting to 0 may just be impossible, no matter how many hard lessons he has to learn.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

You've got to be kidding me...

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-afghan-elders-decide-u-troops-stay-194112527.html

He should just go on another worldwide apology tour. Maybe give Putin a handie while he's at it. Seriously? The asshat is going to write a letter of apology to the Afghans?

I'm not a fan of Lindsey Graham, but he's right here:

"Maybe we should get the Afghan president to apologize to the American soldiers for all the hardship he's created for them," Graham told Reuters. "And maybe President Karzai should apologize to the Afghan people for poor leadership and corruption."

You've got to be kidding me...

http://news.yahoo.co...-194112527.html

He should just go on another worldwide apology tour. Maybe give Putin a handie while he's at it. Seriously? The asshat is going to write a letter of apology to the Afghans?

I'm not a fan of Lindsey Graham, but he's right here:

Great, now apologize to the American people for lying about the ACA.

Great, now apologize to the American people for lying about the ACA.

The apology almost writes itself:

Let me be clear, no one is more upset over people misunderstanding what I said about the Affordable Care Act than I am. Period. I am truly sorry and humbly apologize to the American public that they were misled about the ACA disaster created by the obstructionist GOP and the mess that was left to me by the previous administration. I knew that when I took this job that I was going to be in for a lot of hard work. I feel that I have done an outstanding job cleaning up the messes that other people have created. I am doing everything that I can do so that I do not have to continue to apologize to the American people like I am doing right now. I feel that it is unfortunate that I must come out here and give this speech that I am giving right now apologizing for everything.

In conclusion, I bless America. Thank you; I've been great tonight.

The apology almost writes itself:

Let me be clear, no one is more upset over people misunderstanding what I said about the Affordable Care Act than I am. Period. I am truly sorry and humbly apologize to the American public that they were misled about the ACA disaster created by the obstructionist GOP and the mess that was left to me by the previous administration. I knew that when I took this job that I was going to be in for a lot of hard work. I feel that I have done an outstanding job cleaning up the messes that other people have created. I am doing everything that I can do so that I do not have to continue to apologize to the American people like I am doing right now. I feel that it is unfortunate that I must come out here and give this speech that I am giving right now apologizing for everything.

In conclusion, I bless America. Thank you; I've been great tonight.

Poor President B. O. He's the most misunderstood janitor we've ever had in the White House.