Ford ripping apart new vehicles because of exported chickens

Why wouldn't they whack them on the tariff on how the vehicle landed on our shores? Not how it is sold.

I understand the gov't can only do what the law says, nothing more. Private business can do anything that the law doesn't prohibit. A bit unbalanced here between the two ethical approaches w/the burden being on the gov't to lay everything out in words and be specific. Again, that is a really big difference between the two sectors. Why not write open ended catch all's... Like: "If you are caught circumventing said law/tariff, you still get whacked." Make it like my job @ work: "All duties as assigned." Just saying, how the hell are specific laws going to spell everything out... There is always a loop hole. Like gov't contracts. You'd need 62 miles of paper and ink to lay everything out and still the contractor will find a way to wiggle out of it and do the bare minimum of what was worded in the contract. There is no dishonestly when calculating the bottom line as long as it isn't against the law. How 'bout adding words like: "will not violate the spirit of this law." "will do what everything necessary to accomplish said spirit of this law." Of course, lay out what the spirit of the law is trying to accomplish and then everything else becomes open-ended.

Anyway, w/Ford... It is them that are looking like the children/asses... Not the gov't, they are doing everything in their power to circumvent authority and what the law is trying to accomplish. Products are inherently different, obviously, one can't modify a chicken to skirt an import tariff.

Anyway, from the article... @ least the Jap 3 opened up shop here in the states to make their vehicles. That is a plus from this "chicken tariff?"

Maybe it ultimately rests w/consumers? Consumers that say: " Hey, I don't want a cargo vehicle with some crappy plugged window... Get me another one that is done right."

Toyota Motor Corp., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co. took the straightforward route and built plants in the U.S.

Is an ancient European chicken tax responsible for Asian automakers creating jobs in America?

Toyota Motor Corp., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co. took the straightforward route and built plants in the U.S.

Is an ancient European chicken tax responsible for Asian automakers creating jobs in America?

Hey Bucko... I beat you to it... Damn chickens!

Anyway, it is interesting how they won't ship the seats back to be reused, they actually (from what I take) get more for the scrap. Ouch...

Hey Bucko... I beat you to it... Damn chickens!

Anyway, it is interesting how they won't ship the seats back to be reused, they actually (from what I take) get more for the scrap. Ouch...

European chickens and Asian carp

It's a global conspiracy. Quick, someone call Alex Jones!