Good places to eat?

bigem

Ok, hello everyone. I have been a Buffalo Bills Fan since before the Kelly years and I have been following this forum forever. I am on here every day, even in the off season reading the posts. I have never responded to any of them, just reading the posts. I am now, finally a season ticket holder and I am wondering if you folks can recommend some good places to eat on Saturdays. I like all kinds of foods. I plan to stay over on Saturday nights and would like eat at a differant restaraunt each time.Thanks for any input.

Ok, hello everyone. I have been a Buffalo Bills Fan since before the Kelly years and I have been following this forum forever. I am on here every day, even in the off season reading the posts. I have never responded to any of them, just reading the posts. I am now, finally a season ticket holder and I am wondering if you folks can recommend some good places to eat on Saturdays. I like all kinds of foods. I plan to stay over on Saturday nights and would like eat at a differant restaraunt each time.Thanks for any input.

Welcome to the board. If you are coming from a ways away and your family isn't indoctrinated to all things WNY do what I did. You have to hit the Anchor Bar (forget everyone telling you it's crap, you must go), Duff's, Schwabel's. Those are the 3 we've his so far.

I was born in Buffalo and lived most of my life there, if you go to Anchor Bar, do it only for the experience, not the wings, they are pretty awful, and I really wanted them not to be. Depending on where you are staying and how far you're willing to drive to get food, but you HAVE to have a Bozana's pizza, Mighty Taco, and mandatory would be Duffs. If you're anywhere near Williamsville on saturday, Bocce's pizza on Transit Road, (the REAL ONE) is also a can't miss affair.

When I come home to visit, I have all 4 of those things without fail, then head to Wegman's to get my Rooties Bleu Cheese, and Bison chip dip, and 2 sticks of Margherita pepperoni, and lastly, Weber's mustard, enough to last me a few months. If you're going to be in the area, make sure you get these essential survival items, and you'll be fine.

If Italian Sausage is something you love, Johnny's market on Hertel Ave in North Buffalo will become another Can't miss item. Best Italian sausage hands down.

Just Pizza (in West Seneca get the 3 cheese steak pizza and an order of BBQ wings with extra char), Chef's Restaurant - get the spaghetti parm and sausage, Duffs wings, super old school Italian (peas and pasta, pasta fagiola, spaghetti at Santoserios on Niagara just outside of downtown, I could go on and on...mouth watering

Gabriel's Gate on Allen st.

Bar Bills in East Aurora. Main st

Pearl st grill on pearl st

You have to do Anchors bar just because it is .

What place you staying at for the opener and are you coming to the Tailgate party at Hammers.

On Saturday night some of us meet up at Danny's for a get together and some food.

Edited by mead107

I was born in Buffalo and lived most of my life there, if you go to Anchor Bar, do it only for the experience, not the wings, they are pretty awful, and I really wanted them not to be. Depending on where you are staying and how far you're willing to drive to get food, but you HAVE to have a Bozana's pizza, Mighty Taco, and mandatory would be Duffs. If you're anywhere near Williamsville on saturday, Bocce's pizza on Transit Road, (the REAL ONE) is also a can't miss affair.

When I come home to visit, I have all 4 of those things without fail, then head to Wegman's to get my Rooties Bleu Cheese, and Bison chip dip, and 2 sticks of Margherita pepperoni, and lastly, Weber's mustard, enough to last me a few months. If you're going to be in the area, make sure you get these essential survival items, and you'll be fine.

If Italian Sausage is something you love, Johnny's market on Hertel Ave in North Buffalo will become another Can't miss item. Best Italian sausage hands down.

Scime's is a personal favorite of mine. Mmhmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

So here I am down in North Carolina and not anyplace to go for decent wings. That is one thing I miss from up there. I also miss Ted's and Andersons

Don't they have BW3's down there?... I know it is what it is... Maybe I am easy to please, but the Buffalo Wild Wings here isn't really that bad...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I beg to differ here. Schime's on Delaware, near Hertel is the best Italian Sausage in the city.

Get the "Deluxe Hot"

Bison dip may not be national, but Helluva is around and it is just as good (sour cream).

Funny... They just started marketing it arounnd here. Chip dip was always the God awful kind sans sour cream... Since they been selling the Helluva, it is cleaned off the shelf... I don't know why they wouldn't market sour cream dip more. Same w/Weber's, it would sell big in the Chicago area!