Mario's contract is basically a 2 year deal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with the people that want to run Mario out of town?

You all have deep seeded personal issue you need to resolve.

It is OK if people make money and are well payed, you don't have to hate them.

it's not about how much he makes, it's about how he plays and how his money is keeping us from signing other (better) players in Levitre and Byrd. What if he costs us Eric Wood? I'd be really PO'd at that.

It was all cool to get the so called greatest DE out there and that we would actually spend huge money on a player showing that Ralph isn't cheap and that we are trying to get better. However big contracts are detriment to the team and in the long run makes us less competitive on and off the field by limiting us in free agency and over all quality of talent on the field.

it's not about how much he makes, it's about how he plays and how his money is keeping us from signing other (better) players in Levitre and Byrd. What if he costs us Eric Wood? I'd be really PO'd at that.

It was all cool to get the so called greatest DE out there and that we would actually spend huge money on a player showing that Ralph isn't cheap and that we are trying to get better. However big contracts are detriment to the team and in the long run makes us less competitive on and off the field by limiting us in free agency and over all quality of talent on the field.

what about our current cap situation makes you believe we couldnt have signed byrd? its that we chose not to at the price he asked, not that we didnt have the money he asked for.

How old was Merriman before he started breaking down ?

MMDT joined TSW Sept 2012. If you think about it, we could ban him and probably not lose much at this point. I mean, if it isn't working out after a year, it's probably best that we cut our losses guys. Step back and take a look at all the depth we have at "Posters who start threads and have no idea what they are talking about." We are absolutely stocked there. OK, we are a little light on trolls, but if you look at the way modern forums are run, I think you'll find that the trolling era is passing by. If we do ban him, we should at least have the courtesy to do it ASAP so he can get picked up by another forum this season.

Has he missed a game since signing with the team?

Then what are you so worried about?

Half speed guy paid $20 Million of our limited cap, that's my concern. I also believe that we might use some of all that room to sign a few people to long-term deals during this season, like CJ if he has a monster year.

How old was Merriman before he started breaking down ?

LIGAMENT AND JOINT INJURY

Steroids increase muscle mass and muscle strength, but they leave the joints and ligaments out of the equation. Steroid abusers can expect to eventually put too much strain on ligaments that cannot properly anchor the new muscle strength, leading to possibly severe injury and future surgery to correct torn shoulder joints or knee ligaments. The muscles are exerted, and the joints simply can’t handle it.

Half speed guy paid $20 Million of our limited cap, that's my concern. I also believe that we might use some of all that room to sign a few people to long-term deals during this season, like CJ if he has a monster year.

On exactly what are you basing this "half-speed guy" comment?

MMDT joined TSW Sept 2012. If you think about it, we could ban him and probably not lose much at this point. I mean, if it isn't working out after a year, it's probably best that we cut our losses guys. Step back and take a look at all the depth we have at "Posters who start threads and have no idea what they are talking about." We are absolutely stocked there. OK, we are a little light on trolls, but if you look at the way modern forums are run, I think you'll find that the trolling era is passing by. If we do ban him, we should at least have the courtesy to do it ASAP so he can get picked up by another forum this season.

:lol:

:worthy:

With the teams having an option on the balance, so if he doesn't perform this year he's gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/breaking-down-the-mario-williams-deal/

3/15/2012: Signed a six-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $19 million signing bonus and all of Williams' 2012 and 2013 base salaries. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Williams is eligible for an annual $500,000 workout bonus in years two through six. 2013: $6.5 million (+ $8 million option bonus), 2014: $1.9 million (+ $10.6 million roster bonus), 2015: $12.1 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2016: $11.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2017: $11.4 million (+ $3.5 million roster bonus), 2018: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3636/mario-williams

let's assume he has the exact same production as last year.....he's NOT getting cut after 2 years.

3/15/2012: Signed a six-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $19 million signing bonus and all of Williams' 2012 and 2013 base salaries. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Williams is eligible for an annual $500,000 workout bonus in years two through six. 2013: $6.5 million (+ $8 million option bonus), 2014: $1.9 million (+ $10.6 million roster bonus), 2015: $12.1 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2016: $11.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2017: $11.4 million (+ $3.5 million roster bonus), 2018: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.../mario-williams

let's assume he has the exact same production as last year.....he's NOT getting cut after 2 years.

Wait, you wouldn't cut a guy that totals 21 sacks over 2 years? I don't get it

You've definitely given us something to think about.... :lol:

hilarious !