Mario's contract is basically a 2 year deal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look most of the Mario hate threads are from MMDT.

How is this a hate thread, the Bills have the option to retain or trade him if he doesn't perform. Excuses don't help our team on the field & when you have 17% of your cap tied up in one guy that's not playing up to par, you have to make assessments. Plantar F chest issues, wrist issue show a pattern of injury so the Bills can move on if he cannot perform. Is this hate or practicality ?

If you look most of the Mario hate threads are from MMDT.

as is a good percentage of the anger directed towards any player with regards to getting paid.

How is this a hate thread, the Bills have the option to retain or trade him if he doesn't perform. Excuses don't help our team on the field & when you have 17% of your cap tied up in one guy that's not playing up to par, you have to make assessments. Plantar F chest issues, wrist issue show a pattern of injury so the Bills can move on if he cannot perform. Is this hate or practicality ?

and the cap hit would be only 12m based on his signing bonus amortization, and thats other guaranteed dollars ignored. i wouldnt call that a particularly practical cut. if hes going to count 8 figures against the cap, id rather it be in uniform even if he isnt up to some fans expectations.

and the cap hit would be only 12m based on his signing bonus amortization, and thats other guaranteed dollars ignored. i wouldnt call that a particularly practical cut. if hes going to count 8 figures against the cap, id rather it be in uniform even if he isnt up to some fans expectations.

I'd rather him as well, it's just that if he can't perform or has excuses on why he can't perform than that hurts the team's chances of success now doesn't it?

He played respectable/above average last year and was obviously hurt. Scheme was terrible. Still drew attention from offenses. He's already proven he can be a very productive/sometimes great player in his career. IF he stays healthy, he's way better than most DE's in the league. If healthy AND motivated....he's great. Worth all the money? Who cares. We have lots of cap space and we aren't overflowing with young talent to take his place. I can't see him getting cut after this year. In fact, I'd be shocked. The guy is talented. Let's not run him off.

Par = average. I think everyone would agree that despite being injured for part of the year, Mario was FAR superior to the average DE.

Oh, you mean par for Mario? He had 10.5 sacks, his career average is 9.7. He had 46 tackles, his career average is 41. And the list goes on.

17% of your cap for your best veteran player is pretty standard. Just about every team has a DE and/or QB making around that much (each) if they're evenly remotely as good as Mario is compared to his peers at their respective position.

Give it a rest, man. It's fine to be jealous of Mario's money but find something to actually criticize. Every player has "low lights," but if you pay attention, Mario is making a positive difference on nearly every play. You might think he sucks, but I guarantee opposing coaches and players don't.

Par = average. I think everyone would agree that despite being injured for part of the year, Mario was FAR superior to the average DE.

Oh, you mean par for Mario? He had 10.5 sacks, his career average is 9.7. He had 46 tackles, his career average is 41. And the list goes on.

17% of your cap for your best veteran player is pretty standard. Just about every team has a DE and/or QB making around that much (each) if they're evenly remotely as good as Mario is compared to his peers at their respective position.

Give it a rest, man. It's fine to be jealous of Mario's money but find something to actually criticize. Every player has "low lights," but if you pay attention, Mario is making a positive difference on nearly every play. You might think he sucks, but I guarantee opposing coaches and players don't.

I don't understand the obsession with sacks, MW has never been a 20 sack/season guy. If he is able to get to 10-15 every year of his contract while also playing elite run defense then I personally will consider the contract money well spent.

A few thoughts.....

1. While Mario may not play out his entire contract here in Buffalo, I do not see him going anywhere anytime soon.

2. How is it that so many people are looking negatively on a player who only 2 years ago set a record thread in which posters were going nuts over the rumor and eventual signing.

3. Maybe this is just me, but Mario has proven himself beyond a doubt that he is a difference maker and can play at the highest level. Its two days into training camp. I am not worried at all that he hasnt participated. Mario was concerned enough to voice his possible injury to the Bills staff where as last season he did not until during the season. I view this as Mario taking the proper measures to make sure he is 100% ready to go for week 1.

I can understand if we are in mid to late August and he still hasnt participated in camp but until then I am not worrying at all.

CBF

Is this hate or practicality ?

Neither, it's a poster who cannot even troll successfully, and appears to know nothing about football. Aside from broad generalizations that are always wrong.

And, is borderline crusading on the Byrd/Parker topic, by not even have the capability to successfully argue his trolling "points".

Neither, it's a poster who cannot even troll successfully, and appears to know nothing about football. Aside from broad generalizations that are always wrong.

And, is borderline crusading on the Byrd/Parker topic, by not even have the capability to successfully argue his trolling "points".

I'm not trolling, Mario is on a short & expense leash. Believe me if he doesn't perform, he's a goner. Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

I'm not trolling, Mario is on a short & expense leash. Believe me if he doesn't perform, he's a goner.

No one being rational questions his performance in 2012.

Every player in the NFL is on a short & expensive leash and can be cut at any moment if they don't perform.

Not a real poison pill type of bonus like we've seen in previous contracts. Starting next year his annual salary is like 10-12 mil per. He's still 28 which means his body can heal. He has a lot of good years left in him.