Old MacDonald bought the farm

I'm actually good with this. $10M over 4 years? Verifying those payments are correct in a timely and accurate fashion would cost much more than $2.5M/yr.

You're probably right but each government agency should have some form of internal checks and balances. Let alone the $$$$ we waste funding the 'oversight' agencies. Between the NRCS, the RMA, the GAO and the AG Dept. you'd think we'd have funded 'enough' to catch this a bit quicker. Then, of course, we could call in the OIG and....

They will get all that money back probably with interest, the only way you keep an overpayment from the government is to die without an estate.

I'm unclear - - are you saying that (1) the people who actually received the overpaid money will eventually pay it back to the federal government in the form of estate taxes when they eventually die, or (2) the farmers who already died paid more in federal estate taxes upon their deaths than what they were improperly paid later after their death, or (3) the government will track down the people who actually received the improper cash and make them pay it all back before they die?

I'm unclear - - are you saying that (1) the people who actually received the overpaid money will eventually pay it back to the federal government in the form of estate taxes when they eventually die, or (2) the farmers who already died paid more in federal estate taxes upon their deaths than what they were improperly paid later after their death, or (3) the government will track down the people who actually received the improper cash and make them pay it all back before they die?

I don't think he has any idea what he's saying.

1 and 3