Rex Tailoring Defense for NE...I hope he overlooks us.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last and meaningless game. Not too impressive a win. But hey...with the Bills a mercy win is still a win.

So your basic premise in this thread is Rex has no reason to gameplan against us because we haven't deserved to be planned against based on our record over the past 2 years with Chantix and Wanny/Edwards? I think his "new fangled spur defense" (if that is, in fact, new) is another instance of Rex being reactionary rather than an innovator. But like I said - I'd rather that Marrone, Pettine and Hackett just go about their business and let the wins pile up until we get noticed. As Cank's would say, we'll be in the playoffs with a record of 10-5.

And Rex and the Jets didn't care if they won?

Actually both teams were more interested in showering and going home. They were both finishing lackluster seasons. The first game they were tied with everyone else for first place...the last one they were just running out the clock.

Why should they be?

Other than a few skill players here and there, we have sucked the past 13 years and don't seem to have a winning formula in place this year either.

That is the thing with me, neither Jauron or Gailey had ever figured out how to win consistently. If ya can't make a first down by running when needed or can't control the clock with either the run or pass then they will lose more then they win. It all comes down to winning those mini battles to make a first down after first down and moving the chains. To me, the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage.

It went bad quickly with Gailey and his smoke and mirror 5 WR shotgun sets with only one decent receiver along with Spiller making big plays between the 20's and Choice getting the ball in the red zone. Couldn't run a 2 min drill against the Titans crappy defense was just unbelievable. Not to mention the Bills defense has been the joke of the league for the past 7 years.

Lets hope Marrone knows how to build a team that can win.

Interesting note from NFL network "inside training camp live" covering the Bills this morning.

They (studio cast) mentioned that the new Jets GM stated to the media that he will have a heavy hand in deciding who the starting QB will be for them this year!

Meanwhile, they also mentioned that when they asked Doug Whaley the very same question he stated that while he will have some input, and his assistants will have input. But, that it was Doug Marrone's call, he is my leader and I picked him as my coach. announcer Heath Evans laughed when he said the Bills have it correct and the Jets have it all wrong.

They were all laughing at how dysfunctional the Jets are for their GM making that statement. Then went on to say it could disrupt the entire chemistry of that team if the GM over rides Rex and forces him to start the rookie ( Geno Smith ) Who Brian Baldinger recently stated was embarrassingly out of shape in running gassers at the end of the Jets practice the other day.

On another note both Kolb and EJ looked pretty bad while on TV. Stevie Johnson had his man beat and Kolb under threw a pass, and then fumbled the snap on the next play. Then EJ made a reverse out and botched the play flubbing a hand-off. Perhaps its the new pace of the practice, and trying to keep up the speed. (I know, I know its only day 3)