I will take: "The Snowy North Doesn't Look So Bad Afterall&#34

Run approx 200 yards away from hive and they will stop

I heard the aggressive ones... Africanized, will pursue 1/4 mile or more! I don't know how true that is?? They said they jumped into the pool, but came up for air and stung!

Holy moly... Animals died of the stings... 30,000 they estimate, said the sky got black as night!

Water will not work. Correct. My uncle and his brother have told me a story about when they were young they opened up a nest. Thought jumping into the pond would do the trick. Apparently not. They followed, hovered, and waited. They said the bees were everywhere. Pockets, underwear, ears, mouth. Said it was horrible.

Not sure about the distance on the Africanized Bees. But even at a 1/4 mile. If your getting swarmed by bees, it should only take you just a little over a minute to run that distance.

http://avmosquito.org/site/mobile?url=http%3A%2F%2Favmosquito.org%2FAfricanized_Honey_Bees.html

Water will not work. Correct. My uncle and his brother have told me a story about when they were young they opened up a nest. Thought jumping into the pond would do the trick. Apparently not. They followed, hovered, and waited. They said the bees were everywhere. Pockets, underwear, ears, mouth. Said it was horrible.

Not sure about the distance on the Africanized Bees. But even at a 1/4 mile. If your getting swarmed by bees, it should only take you just a little over a minute to run that distance.

The article posted above said: 1/4 to 1/2 mile! They stay agitated for 8 HOURS vs. 1 hour w/the Euro bees! Wow... They would have been in that pool for 8 hours... Grab the snorkel!

Yeah, if you're a professional runner. :rolleyes:

Yeah, if you're a professional runner. :rolleyes:

1/4 mile in a minute is not that big of a deal. High school track athletes run the 1/4 mile in just over 50 seconds. And those guys aren't that fast. It's about stamina to keep it up over the course of 1/4 mile. Now... I would admit that I could t do it if I was just running, but if your going to toss 30k agitated bees at me, you better believe I can and I'm 260lbs.

1/4 mile in a minute is not that big of a deal. High school track athletes run the 1/4 mile in just over 50 seconds. And those guys aren't that fast. It's about stamina to keep it up over the course of 1/4 mile. Now... I would admit that I could t do it if I was just running, but if your going to toss 30k agitated bees at me, you better believe I can and I'm 260lbs.

Yeah... I see what you are saying... BUT, w/this one is under attack... Might not have a clear way to get out. It isn't like you are under attack while standing in the middle of the road w/both directions staring at you. You may have houses in the way, fence lines, thickets... Wooded areas. It is gonna be like an obstacle course. Fall down and one is done!

Yeah... I see what you are saying... BUT, w/this one is under attack... Might not have a clear way to get out. It isn't like you are under attack while standing in the middle of the road w/both directions staring at you. You may have houses in the way, fence lines, thickets... Wooded areas. It is gonna be like an obstacle course. Fall down and one is done!

i will accept this argument. Well done. But chances are, being in a barn full of horses, there's plenty of open areas nearby for the horses to run. So there's that argument too. But I do accept your argument. And nobody should expect to run a 1min 1/4 mile unless you know you can. Was just saying, it sounds like a life or death situation, chances are your not thinking about how much your legs burn, or lungs hurt when it's going on. Hope you can appreciate my argument as well.

Hate bees.

yes.... This---^

i will accept this argument. Well done. But chances are, being in a barn full of horses, there's plenty of open areas nearby for the horses to run. So there's that argument too. But I do accept your argument. And nobody should expect to run a 1min 1/4 mile unless you know you can. Was just saying, it sounds like a life or death situation, chances are your not thinking about how much your legs burn, or lungs hurt when it's going on. Hope you can appreciate my argument as well.

yes.... This---^

Sure no prob! It is life or dearh in a situation like this, especially w/killer bees... RUN LIKE HELL AND KEEP ON RUNNING! :-) Do NOT Stop.