Assuming Losman isn't ready next year

KurtGodel77

If Losman isn't ready, which QB should start?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If Losman isn't ready, which QB should start?

• Drew Bledsoe
    • Kurt Warner
    • Other veteran (please identify)

losman and losman only.......

203667[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but we don't know whether Losman is ready. Are you saying we should throw him in there even if he's not ready? Sometimes doing that to a first-year QB can permanently destroy his confidence. I'm not saying Losman isn't ready. I don't know whether he is, because I'm not a coach. But if he isn't; the coaches would probably start the year with Drew under center. Unless they decide to bring in Warner . . .

I could actually build a convincing case that we need what Warner has to offer. At the beginning of the year with the Giants, he looked like the Kurt Warner who won the Super Bowl MVP trophy. He'd stand back in the pocket and pick defenses apart like a man among boys. As the year went on, the Giants' offensive line looked increasingly bad, and the offense as a whole seemed to implode. After Warner was benched, he helped Eli Manning as best he could; just as he'd helped Bulger. Warner was a good sport.

Could Warner still be Warner if he was given a respectable offensive line, and weapons like Evans, McGahee, and Euhus? Maybe. You start the year off with him under center, and you see how far he will take you. If, halfway through the season, it becomes clear he's no longer the same QB he used to be, you could bench him. He'd be the perfect mentor for Losman.