Bills to give out security-approved bags at home opener

oooooo visions of Sam Adams rumbling into the end zone just filled my head. 31-0 baby!

Yeah... Remember how game 16 went and then the SuperBowl.

Too bad we don't have Lawyer Malloy to cheat for us again... It would even the playing field.

Figure... The Bills only beat the Pats* how many times the last 10 years? And one of those wins the Bills baltantly cheated faster than you can say: Belicheck is not on the level.

One good thing, we got a sucky team... BUT honest...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Back in the day. One year the Bills gave out those plastic insulated six pack Beer coolers. With the team logo on the side.

How times have changed. Fully expect a shakedown for smuggling peanuts in now.

Kinda sad but I really believe this to be the reason for the clear bags now. They are more concerned with the bottom line than fan safety. I'm sure they will turn away people that have bought tickets but have cigarettes in their clear bags.

Edited by The Wiz

Kinda sad but I really believe this to be the reason for the clear bags now. They are more concerned with the bottom line than fan safety. I'm sure they will turn away people that have bought tickets but have cigarettes in their clear bags.

Yes, it's an NFL wide policy designed just to get you to buy more in the stadium...

What's crazy is that we live in a world where we have to everyone bring stuff into a stadium in a clear bag. Seems sad.

On one hand I think its a good policy for events with such large crowds (which speaks to the state of violence in America). On the other, I think it's a complete invasion of privacy. I mean, I can't carry my wallet in my pocket? Or my camera in a bag? I get it, but man it's frustrating.

Also, I doubt the bad guys will give a sh*t about the "clear bag policy" soooooo...

Not sure what the solution is. Hopefully we'll just get to a world with those Total Recall (the OG Total Recall, not that new one) style scanners soon, I guess.

Oh and it's good to see the Bills doing the right thing with the bag giveaway. Can we please look up the people that were up in arms because other teams were doing this and the Bills weren't (or, hadn't yet, as it turned out)?

Great activation for that sponsor "we'll get you in the hand of nearly everyone in the stadium - and they'll keep it!". Think it'll be Bills branded too? Regardless, good move.

Can we please look up the people that were up in arms because other teams were doing this and the Bills weren't (or, hadn't yet, as it turned out)?

Go ahead....

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158931-league-alters-stadium-bag-policy

Great activation for that sponsor "we'll get you in the hand of nearly everyone in the stadium - and they'll keep it!". Think it'll be Bills branded too? Regardless, good move.

According to the press release in Jay's link....

The "Touchdown Tote" conforms to the new bag policy, will be easy to carry and features the Buffalo Bills and BlueRock Energy logos.

Some of you need to actually watch the video describing the new security procedures. They specifically state that anything you would normally carry in your pockets (keys, wallet, phone) may still be carried in your pockets. Women may bring a clutch purse but it is subject to search.

Stop overreacting. Oh wait -- I forgot, TSW is Overreaction Central.

Carry on.

Some of you need to actually watch the video describing the new security procedures. They specifically state that anything you would normally carry in your pockets (keys, wallet, phone) may still be carried in your pockets. Women may bring a clutch purse but it is subject to search.

Stop overreacting. Oh wait -- I forgot, TSW is Overreaction Central.

Carry on.

Seriously.

I'd like to add that my 7-month pregnant-with-twins wife managed to attend a home game last December and bring no bag of any sort, so I'm not sure where the concern is...

Yeah... Remember how game 16 went and then the SuperBowl.

Too bad we don't have Lawyer Malloy to cheat for us again... It would even the playing field.

Figure... The Bills only beat the Pats* how many times the last 10 years? And one of those wins the Bills baltantly cheated faster than you can say: Belicheck is not on the level.

One good thing, we got a sucky team... BUT honest...

Excuse me but...Lawyer Milloy did NOT cheat...He simply took full advantage of the fact that his former coach was so completely arrogant and disrespectful towards both him specifically, and the Bills in general that he couldn't be bothered to change his offensive game plan even through he knew that Milloy both knew it himself and was most certainly going to inform us of it. One of my all time favorite games, the Bills defense had Pats receivers "exploding" the instant their hands touched the ball lol :).

Here it is if anyone's feeling nostalgic: Bills crush Pats . Yeah I know it's kinda crap quality but hey what do you want? The game's 10 years old lol.

That being said, our 2nd meeting with them that season was one of the most infuriating examples of p**s poor coaching (and there are SO many of those) that I have seen from us in my 30+ years of being a fan of this team. IIRC at the beginning of that game Bellichek lined up with no D. Linemen, just LB's and DB's and had them wander about pre snap to screw up Bledsoe's read and the O Line's pass blocking assignments...I know how to attack that, YOU know how to attack that. If there was TV reception in Tibet then there were probably some folks somewhere huddled around a fuzzy TV set chuckling to each other in their native tongue: "Wow look at Bellichek's gimmick defense, Buffalo's gonna run the ball straight down their damn throats lol". But no, we kept trying to pass against it all game long and got shut out. I remember Bellichek making sure to score exactly 31 points just to rub it in. Can't find a link to that game, but who the heck wants to see that anyway lol.