Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this interesting? Or new?

Technological improvements have always resulted in changing job markets, or perhaps you aren't aware of the cotton gin, or the assembly line?

I don't think people have prepared themselves for the reality that some jobs will never come back, even though we have this expectation that they always will... I could easily see 30 percent of what we do in Healthcare on the adminstrative side being replaced by servers and intellegent interface in the very near future- that means alot of good paying jobs, but on the flip side saves up time, money and frustration.

Oh, ok.

In a couple of decades there will only be a small percentage of people working and everyone else will be living free and easy on the state. I'll have a robot to go fetch me my beer...

You haven't been paying attention. Never go full retard.

Both of the examples I gave eliminated the need for litterally hundereds of man-hours per week for individual businesses in the industries they were employed in.

The lesson here is that job markets are not static, and change as technologies remove the demand for certain professions, and create the demand for others, freeing up labor resources to be employed where demand dictates they go.

I don't think people have prepared themselves for the reality that some jobs will never come back, even though we have this expectation that they always will... I could easily see 30 percent of what we do in Healthcare on the adminstrative side being replaced by servers and intellegent interface in the very near future- that means alot of good paying jobs, but on the flip side saves up time, money and frustration.

You're missing the point. What it does it drive our work force into the future, as it frees up the available labor pool to be reallocated, as markets dictate, into new areas of demand and new fields.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Good news everyone! The Hill is reporting that President Obama is now poised to pivot back to jobs and the economy because he really wants to help the middle class grow.

Fourth time this year, I believe...

The White House is signaling it wants to shift back to the economy after two weeks in which the Syrian crisis has dominated President Obama’s schedule and workload.

Obama will be “focusing” on issues related to the economy in the coming weeks, White House press secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday at his daily briefing.

He said the president wants to push forward with economic policies that the White House believes will grow the middle class.

Maybe he'll pen an op-ed for Pravda to remind everyone what exceptional looks like.

Great news! The Syria crisis is over!

Good thing Obama had Putin fix it for him.

That's !@#$in leadership, when you can delegate other countries to fix problematic shittier countries so you don't have to worry about it.

Although, IMO, jobs may have to go on hold for a bit. I really think we need Obama to weigh in on all of the recent Miley Cyrus antics or some other equally pressing issue.

Good thing Obama had Putin fix it for him.

That's !@#$in leadership, when you can delegate other countries to fix problematic shittier countries so you don't have to worry about it.

Although, IMO, jobs may have to go on hold for a bit. I really think we need Obama to weigh in on all of the recent Miley Cyrus antics or some other equally pressing issue.

A summit on the White House lawn may be necessary. Assuming they can find the proper beer to accommodate the guests and highlight the issues surrounding Ms. Cyrus.

I don't think people have prepared themselves for the reality that there are jobs that match their skill set, just not in this country, or, in the state in which they currently live. The Dakotas are dying for people. Austrailia too. Perhaps it's time for them to consider a move?

Or, it's time for them to realize that they are useless Fs, who thought it was cool to blow off school, and generally be D-bags, and that the only person who is responsible for rectifying that situation is them. With the amount of $ we spend on adult education: they have 0 excuse.

Or, they went the other way: going to college but majoring in something equally useless, like Women's studies. These people are even more problematic, because they are trying to create a "market" for their "skills", via the government.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Man wearing Obama mask robs bank

But the IMPORTANT thing was his motives............................was he doing it to make fun of the President or call attention to his skin color ?

THEN we've got something serious................

Have we learned nothing from the rodeo clowns?

The gov't needs to make it illegal to wear an Obama mask when robbing a bank,.

It's largely responsible for workers leaving the workforce forever. It's the new extended long-term unemployment. Can't get a job? Exhaust your 99 weeks of unemployment checks and then file for disability under Social Security and get a pay stipend increase.

Obamanomics has been so good for the country. We're in what - the 5th Summer of Recovery? Yes sir, with him focused like a laser on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, we'll be out of the woods pretty damn soon now. Probably. Maybe. Could be. Here's hopin'.