Amazon Awesomeness

ajzepp

Probably many of you already knew about this, but Amazon just went WAY above and beyond the call of duty.

I've purchased a few MP3s off Amazon here and there, and whenever I do it just loads into the cloud player and then I download it into my iTunes software. Well, I was bored and slacking at work tonight, so I started playing around with different apps for my iPhone. I saw that I hadn't downloaded the Amazon Cloud Player app yet, so I went ahead and fired it up. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, cause there were a LOT of artists listed and I know that I haven't bought THAT many MP3s over the years.I start scrolling through the artist list and then it hits me what has happened....Amazon has taken not only every MP3 that I've purchased, but every CD that I've purchased, too, and added the MP3 versions of ALL of it to my cloud drive. So without me even lifting a finger, Amazon has catalogued over 2300 tracks, including tracks from CDs that I purchased long before there was even a cloud drive available. That's over 1/4 of my entire music library that Amazon has put in the cloud for me.

What sort of awesomeness is this??

I had the same reaction when google music first came out, all the music I had torrented or uploaded was added to my cloud. Every AM I download all my podcasts to itunes and upload to google music, haven't paid for anything I listen to in about a decade.

I had the same reaction when google music first came out, all the music I had torrented or uploaded was added to my cloud. Every AM I download all my podcasts to itunes and upload to google music, haven't paid for anything I listen to in about a decade.

Wow lol...I love this whole cloud thing. I can't wait until higher rez (even just CD quality) tracks are available...I can't really tell the difference between lossless and lossy MP3 tracks when I'm listening on my iPhone anyway, so this works great...but will be nice when I can upload my entire lossless library into a cloud since my home audio gear is a bit more resolving.

Wow lol...I love this whole cloud thing. I can't wait until higher rez (even just CD quality) tracks are available...I can't really tell the difference between lossless and lossy MP3 tracks when I'm listening on my iPhone anyway, so this works great...but will be nice when I can upload my entire lossless library into a cloud since my home audio gear is a bit more resolving.

A true audiophile may need better quality tracks but I have not noticed a lack of quality so far.

A true audiophile may need better quality tracks but I have not noticed a lack of quality so far.

Yep, MP3 sounds very good...I can listen to basically anything when I'm out and about.