Former NY Govenor Patterson "definitely looking" at congress r

I don't give a **** how many people watch soccer in Cameroon. :rolleyes:

Wow! Now that is ignorant.. Yeah, it's only Cameroon. :lol: dipshit

Care to look at other things that are wickedly popular globally? You know, like David Hasselhoff's music? The Trayvon Martin Racefest?

Popularity rarely equals quality.

Oh, I guess you didn't catch Chef's comment? "Keep pushing that soccer popularity because you're the only one that believes it" .... In any case, it doesn't matter what you, Chef or I believe, it's a matter of taste, my comment was in response to Chef's, which of course was incorrect.

Edited by Magox

Well, if you put it that way, are we seriously going to get into a pissing match to see which sport is globally more popular? I mean, it's not even close.

You know that more I think about it the more the Carlos Danger story is soccer related than baseball.

I mean I worked in the Yankmes and second sacker thing into the baseball analogy but for soccer you could say:

Soccer player Carlos Danger constantly plays with his balls but never actually scores.

Care to look at other things that are wickedly popular globally? You know, like David Hasselhoff's music? The Trayvon Martin Racefest?

Popularity rarely equals quality.

Trayvon Martin, like baseball, is only popular here, the Carribean, and inexplicably, Japan. I feel badly for baseball. It used to be huge. I wonder if it hadn't been wrecked by scandal, would it still be popular? Not talking just the plummeting TV ratings but also among kids. Is the nationwide decline due to the game or how badly the pros treated the game--or both?

When I was in the Dominican Republic in March, I was happy for baseball. My Spanish is so-so but I could talk baseball with any local. It was really fun to go through all the Dominican players who had played for the Phillies--any time I started doing that, people's faces would brighten and they'd get excited. (None of that last paragraph is cynical--I really had fun talking baseball in the DR.)

Edited by John Adams

Wow! Now that is ignorant.. Yeah, it's only Cameroon. :lol: dipshit

It's ignorant that I don't give a **** what's popular in Cameroon......or England, Germany, Spain, Portugal, etc, etc. And if you thought I was only talking about Cameroon you are not only a dipshit, your a !@#$ing dumbass dipshit. :rolleyes:

Oh, I guess you didn't catch Chef's comment? "Keep pushing that soccer popularity because you're the only one that believes it" .... In any case, it doesn't matter what you, Chef or I believe, it's a matter of taste, my comment was in response to Chef's, which of course was incorrect.

So it's a matter of taste that I prefer baseball over soccer and don't care what the rest of the world thinks but for some reason you felt the need to throw in that I'm a dipshit.....dipshit.

Trayvon Martin, like baseball, is only popular here, the Carribean, and inexplicably, Japan. I feel badly for baseball. It used to be huge. I wonder if it hadn't been wrecked by scandal, would it still be popular? Not talking just the plummeting TV ratings but also among kids. Is the nationwide decline due to the game or how badly the pros treated the game--or both?

When I was in the Dominican Republic in March, I was happy for baseball. My Spanish is so-so but I could talk baseball with any local. It was really fun to go through all the Dominican players who had played for the Phillies--any time I started doing that, people's faces would brighten and they'd get excited. (None of that last paragraph is cynical--I really had fun talking baseball in the DR.)

So you feel sorry for baseball (and I assume us that love it as well) because it's not as popular as soccer or as popular as it once was? That's like saying you feel sorry for people who eat right because eating like a !@#$ing pig is quickly becoming the new American past time.

Edited by Chef Jim

So you feel sorry for baseball (and I assume us that love it as well) because it's not as popular as soccer or as popular as it once was? That's like saying you feel sorry for people who eat right because eating like a !@#$ing pig is quickly becoming the new American past time.

Relax stuckincincy. I feel bad when I look at the messes that are Detroit and Buffalo too. Baseball was once king--sad to see it in such a state of decline. It's never coming back but I do wonder when it will bottom out. At some point the popularity should stabilize, right?

Relax stuckincincy. I feel bad when I look at the messes that are Detroit and Buffalo too. Baseball was once king--sad to see it in such a state of decline. It's never coming back but I do wonder when it will bottom out. At some point the popularity should stabilize, right?

What is this sad state of baseball you talk about? 2012 was the fifth highest season in attendance ever with 2013 on track to be pretty darn close. Oh and the top four years of attendance were all within the last 9 years.

It's ignorant that I don't give a **** what's popular in Cameroon......or England, Germany, Spain, Portugal, etc, etc. And if you thought I was only talking about Cameroon you are not only a dipshit, your a !@#$ing dumbass dipshit. :rolleyes:

So it's a matter of taste that I prefer baseball over soccer and don't care what the rest of the world thinks but for some reason you felt the need to throw in that I'm a dipshit.....dipshit.

Relax, Sally. No need to be on the verge of massive coronary. :lol:

Korea called again. They said you're an idiot. Again.

What is this sad state of baseball you talk about? 2012 was the fifth highest season in attendance ever with 2013 on track to be pretty darn close. Oh and the top four years of attendance were all within the last 9 years.

Down down down...http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

You baseball guys are funny. So sensitive to the facts.

Baseball games are great places to hang out. The 18 minutes of action in the average game doesn't distract you from talking to friends and eating.

Korea called again. They said you're an idiot. Again.

Baseball is popular in Korea? Is that supposed to help you in some way? If it does, good job. Point for you. Korean baseball is probably amazing.

Down down down...http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

You baseball guys are funny. So sensitive to the facts.

Baseball games are great places to hang out. The 18 minutes of action in the average game doesn't distract you from talking to friends and eating.

Let me ask you. Do you like football more than baseball?

Let me ask you. Do you like football more than baseball?

Why? Because 11 minutes of action in a a football game is somehow relevant?

Baseball's 18 minutes of action consists of men standing around hoping something happens while the pitcher does the "work" of throwing the ball usually not more than 100 times, with giant breaks between each throw. Anyways, probably around 8-10 million is where the WS will bottom out is my guess. I can't believe it could ever get lower but who knows.

It's cool that you like it. Just on the long wane is all.

Edited by John Adams

Why? Because 11 minutes of action in a a football game is somehow relevant?

Baseball's 18 minutes of action consists of men standing around hoping something happens while the pitcher does the "work" of throwing the ball usually not more than 100 times, with giant breaks between each throw. Anyways, probably around 8-10 million is where the WS will bottom out is my guess. I can't believe it could ever get lower but who knows.

It's cool that you like it. Just on the long wane is all.

So once again you display that you know nothing about the game of baseball.