The intriguing Belichick flaw

AKC

Perhaps you're right- Belichick may also suffer from an inability to handle some agents well. We were lucky enough recently to see Tom Donahoe handle the reputed "difficult" Drew Rosenhaus pretty well in signing Willis McGahee.

204275[/snapback]

Oh ya.... that Donahoe is a real frickin' genius. That's why half the fans and media are calling for his head. His slick work in getting Bledsoe and Milloy over there have really paid dividends.

McGahee seems to be panning out, but hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I think it's clear that you are being exposed in this thread alone as a complete fool and flat out liar.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, are you sure you want to bring up that situation in a conversation about player relations? In signing McGahee, Donahoe has effectively alienated his other star RB who is now demanding a trade.

Yeah, Donahoe handled that player relationship brilliantly.

Over the short-term? What are you talking about? His approach has worked for 4 years.  4 years is an eternity in today's NFL, given the significant roster turnover year after year.  He HAS proven that over the long haul, his approach works.  You're just waiting for the Pats to have one losing season to feel better about yourself.  You have an obsession with the Patriots due to your inability to just admit that they are better.  You have posted numerous times trying to belittle Tom Brady's accomplishments as "circumstantial" or lucky... but I think most Bills fans who as you say are "students of the game" would understand that the Patriots are a model franchise and have set the standard for success.  We can only hope to reach that standard.

204296[/snapback]

Recognizing the strengths of our divisional opponents is a far cry from idolizing our divisional opponents. Idolatry removes the objectivity to recognize the same flaws that all coaches, players and teams have. I believe if, like you, I reached a level of idolatry for another team it might signal that it was time for me to move my fan loyalty there also. But that's just me, forever a Bill's fan.

Also, are you sure you want to bring up that situation in a conversation about player relations? In signing McGahee, Donahoe has effectively alienated his other star RB who is now demanding a trade.

Yeah, Donahoe handled that player relationship brilliantly.

204374[/snapback]

I won't hold your ignorance on the difference between the two against you since you don't watch our team every Sunday. In fact your posts to a large degree suggest you don't watch the Pats every Sunday either.

Oh ya.... that Donahoe is a real frickin' genius. That's why half the fans and media are calling for his head.

204358[/snapback]

I'll gladly take you up on the honesty issue you brought up: Show me a single piece of evidence that suggests "half the fans and media are calling for his (Tom Donahoe's) head". If you're unable to provide this evidence, which of course you will be unable to, you will prove yourself to be no more than the term you brought into the conversation- a "liar".

And by the way- how much does it cost to build one of those Glass Houses these days?

I'm guessing you didn't miss those little Pittsburgh and San Francisco runs in the 70s and 80s. That's a bit more dynastic than a couple of championships-  if 2 is the measure you'd have to call Miami's back to backs a dynasty, surely a more difficult task than NE has achieved. I wouldn't brand Miami's two wins a "dynasty".

204138[/snapback]

different rules, look at san fran from over spending. they are taking a beating, pats realize when the end is near and cut the falling players. as a fan you hate losing lawyer milloy but as a realistic on looker and seeing the way rodney hrrison took over it makes it easier. the pats are the modern day dynasty, not your typical one year wonder. the old teams could spend to win today if you over pay you mortgage the future, you risk years of 7 and 9 records - good enough to be in the hunt but never gatting a date to the dance. colts are a good team but need to even the spending to both sides of the ball.

the pats are the future of sports, a cap ruled world, that requires both the knowledge of not only what players to take, but also the knowledge of how to spread the money in a value for dollar approach.

the pats are the future of sports, a cap ruled world, that requires both the knowledge of not only what players to take, but also the knowledge of how to spread the money in a value for dollar approach.

204450[/snapback]

If things were that simple we'd call every 2 time Super Bowl winner a dynasty- but that's simply a fool's reality. There are multiple components in staying above the field, perhaps even the one contemplated in my original post. It's very generous of you to annoint the Pats the greatest organization in the history of the modern sports, but as history is wont to do these things will play themselves out on the field. Very soon, I might add.

We'll talk about your dynasty if you're still in the hunt come 10:00 p.m. January 23. Until then you'll merely be the most nervous poster on TSW.

BTW- I failed to welcome back the Joe Biden of TSW- you actually stole someone elses post and put it up here claiming it for your own? Tsk Tsk Tsk- I believe you mentioned something about honesty a few posts back ;-)

I'll gladly take you up on the honesty issue you brought up: Show me a single piece of evidence that suggests "half the fans and media are calling for his (Tom Donahoe's) head". If you're unable to provide this evidence, which of course you will be unable to, you will prove yourself to be no more than the term you brought into the conversation- a "liar".

And by the way- how much does it cost to build one of those Glass Houses these days?

204414[/snapback]

Ever been to the Buffalo Bills official board about 5 games into any given season Kurt?

Carry on.

Ever been to the Buffalo Bills official board about 5 games into any given season Kurt?

Carry on.

204469[/snapback]

So you'll offer not a single link, not a single scintilla of evidence to back up your farcical statement that "half of Bill's fans and the media want TDs head"?

Surprise, surprise!

Ah, the dishonest plagiaristic troll- scorned in his own land and hence banished to spend his miserable pus laden life like the final days of Pontius Pilate, literally swimming in his own vomit! It's OK though, we've got a couple of self proclaimed Bill's fans over here who are suffering the same symptoms, and they're closet Pat's fans to boot!

Thanks for the lesson on partiality. I too counter with the same argument. If I, like you, had an overly zealous view of my team at times I would have a clouded perspective on other organizations, often times resulting in me seeing flaws that don't exist. Seeing these flaws reinforces this overzelousness, making me feel better about my affiliation as a Bills fan.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't need that level of security in order to justify my stance as a lifelong Bills fan. I am secure in knowing that there are better-run organizations and great coaches and can recognize them as such, rather than invent some far-fetched flaw, as you have with the Patriots' coach and quarterback (who have won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years).

Recognizing the strengths of our divisional opponents is a far cry from idolizing our divisional opponents. Idolatry removes the objectivity to recognize the same flaws that all coaches, players and teams have. I believe if, like you, I reached a level of idolatry for another team it might signal that it was time for me to move my fan loyalty there also.  But that's just me, forever a Bill's fan.

204406[/snapback]

There is no perfect coach, player, or GM. And football is a cold business when you have to cut a former star player. Players can squabble all they want, but Coach Bill always seems to have someone waiting in the wings to step in. THAT is his true genius. And that will make the Pats a hard team to beat for years to come.

PTR

Recognizing the strengths of our divisional opponents is a far cry from idolizing our divisional opponents. Idolatry removes the objectivity to recognize the same flaws that all coaches, players and teams have. I believe if, like you, I reached a level of idolatry for another team it might signal that it was time for me to move my fan loyalty there also.  But that's just me, forever a Bill's fan.

204406[/snapback]

I just thought I should bring this comment to attention.

Read it. Read it again. Let it sink in.

This defines AKC to his core. He is a homer. A pompous, arrogant, and very misguided homer with an inferiority complex, but a homer nonetheless.

If Tom Brady played for the Buffalo Bills, do you think he would bash him as much as he does and call his success luck? Of course not.

Most Bills fans can recognize that there are 31 other teams in the NFL and can have respect for other players and organizations - because, who knows, those same players might be playing in our laundry someday! But not our myopic AKC.

But I'm sure he'll provide me with a quick, curt, McCarthy-esque response that says I must not be a true Bills fan or something (if he responds at all, that is).

But I'm sure he'll provide me with a quick, curt, McCarthy-esque response that says I must not be a true Bills fan or something (if he responds at all, that is).

204747[/snapback]

Many are waiting anxiously for you to contribute your first post with a unique perspective or a hint that you know what happens on a football field. I on the other hand expect to never be disappointed if I see your name in a string!

So far I'm batting 100%!

So you'll offer not a single link, not a single scintilla of evidence to back up your farcical statement that "half of Bill's fans and the media want TDs head"?

Surprise, surprise!

Ah, the dishonest plagiaristic troll- scorned in his own land and hence banished to spend his miserable pus laden life like the final days of Pontius Pilate, literally swimming in his own vomit! It's OK though, we've got a couple of self proclaimed Bill's fans over here who are suffering the same symptoms, and they're closet Pat's fans to boot!

204559[/snapback]

Come on AKC, surely you're not trying to say that there weren't lots of people who were calling for TDs head after this team got off to a poor start? The guy doesn't have to offer any links, anybody that reads this board knows it to be true. Now, whether that is representative of "half the Bills fans" is open to discussion...but the TD appeared to be pretty close to being run out of town before the turnaround.

Come on AKC, surely you're not trying to say that there weren't lots of people who were calling for TDs head after this team got off to a poor start?  The guy doesn't have to offer any links, anybody that reads this board knows it to be true.  Now, whether that is representative of "half the Bills fans" is open to discussion...but the TD appeared to be pretty close to being run out of town before the turnaround.

204798[/snapback]

Half the fan and media base? That's the ludicrous portion. Never be mistaken by a few loudmouths who tried to hijack the complete conversation that it represented at anytime "over half our fan and media base".

Less than 10% is more likely- loud, poorly informed, and even traitorous in some cases, but never anywhere close to half the base.

AKC,

I haven't followed the situation. I remeber how awful that Milloy incident was. Did the team ever recover???

I don't know, but I'm sure Milloy just loves his new team. They almost made the playoffs this year! :lol:

I haven't followed the situation. I remeber how awful that Milloy incident was. Did the team ever recover???

I don't know, but I'm sure Milloy just loves his new team. They almost made the playoffs this year! :lol:

204805[/snapback]

Who'd you steal that from?

Surprise, surprise!

204559[/snapback]

I did a poll of all Bills fans and documented all of my findings. But my dog ate it.

The fact of the matter is that you spouted off this BS about Seymour's malcontent and have provided nothing..... why am I arguing with you?