Do not use any ethicnic references when naming your food truck...

Truck's name leaves bad taste

The Schenectady-based Wandering Dago food truck, which had a contract to operate at Saratoga Race Course this season, was told to leave the track after opening day on Friday because an unnamed state official found the name offensive, according to the truck's co-owner Brandon Snooks.

No concerns over the name were raised during six months of negotiations with the New York Racing Association, which manages the track, and Centerplate, which supervises food service there, Loguidice said.

Wandering Dago is also banned from selling at Empire State Plaza in Albany because of its name, Loguidice said. The truck's name was accepted on state incorporation papers, she said, but an official of the Office of General Services, which oversees the plaza, said the name was unacceptable for a vendor. "It is ridiculous that we are a licensed New York state corporation, yet we are being blocked from doing business by state officials," Snooks said.

It's actually okay because it ends in a vowel.

Seriously...I'm Italian, and grew up around Italians, and I have never, ever, ever met an Italian offended by the phrase 'Dago,' regardless of who says it. I mean, yeah, if someone says "You're mother is a whore, you piece of schitt Dago," then yeah, Italians don't like that much. But just the phrase?

Dago B word, please.

Back in my area, we had a Burger King open without the "Home of the Whopper" sign, because a rather prominent local Italian businessman objected.

Too bad someone wasn't at least smart enough to point out to him that even as a perjorative, it's not whop, it's wop. Every dumbass dago knows that.

I have been craving me some Burger King recently. Thanks

In Sylvania, Ohio there was a place called Sufficient Grounds that rebranded to Beaners. Obviously it is a coffee place. It was not long before they had to change it to B's because it was offensive to the community...which is like 99% creepy ass cracka's.

So... my lifelong dream (for the past 2 minutes) of opening a restaurant called "N-word's" is out the window?

Well, you could always pander to the girls who play softball and have short hair and call the place *unts, the place to cum for Friday night anchovie frys.

I have been craving me some Burger King recently. Thanks

In Sylvania, Ohio there was a place called Sufficient Grounds that rebranded to Beaners. Obviously it is a coffee place. It was not long before they had to change it to B's because it was offensive to the community...which is like 99% creepy ass cracka's.

One thing I've learned over the years is that 99% of the people who get offended about made-up 'slurs' are creepy ass cracka's who have never had any such slur directed at them.

One thing I've learned over the years is that 99% of the people who get offended about made-up 'slurs' are creepy ass cracka's who have never had any such slur directed at them.

hey, I'm a creepy ass cracka and I resent being automatically lumped-in with that supposed 99%.