Rich Vancouver neighborhood wants to block off streets to outsiders

Cyclists are behind it!!!!!

(cue Chef Jim)

“It was unfortunate it became polarized, a bikes versus cars issue,” said Ziola. “We wanted it to be more of a shared use road. Everyone paid for it, so everyone should be able to use it.

“Given our city was just voted No. 5 of the Top Sustainable Cities in North America, we must have a vision that is forward-thinking to retain that ranking,” said Johannsen, a cyclist, in the newsletter. “Otherwise, we may as well just look forward to a grey smog blanket if we continue to accommodate vehicles alone. We may never rival Amsterdam in terms of the cyclist population, but if we don’t build it, they won’t come.”

Screw the traffic concerns - - how will it affect the bathtub races held at Kitsilano Beach? Actually stumbled by chance onto the end of one some years ago that ended in a neck-and-neck foot race up the beach. It was a hoot. Tiny little one-man skiffs with huge motors that were just flying as they bounced across the water.

What I hate more than cyclists are people that use the word sustainable. Sustainable city?? That the !@#$ does that even mean?

It means "carbon neutral".,,which means "green"...which, according to the EPA, means absolutely nothing at all.

So let me get this straight.... People are against autos because of CO2 right???

But bicycling is good right???

But don't people that bike also breath harder?? Inhaling more oxygen, and giving off more carbon dioxide?

So let me get this straight.... People are against autos because of CO2 right???

But don't people that bike also breath harder?? Inhaling more oxygen, and giving off more carbon dioxide?

But that's sustainable.

Let's see if we can hijack this thread properly. Bikers are helping to save the rain forests and green the arid areas:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/07/10/global-warming-no-satellites-show-carbon-dioxide-is-causing-global-greening/

Rising atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are bolstering plant life throughout the world, environmental scientists report in a newly published peer-reviewed study. The findings, published in Geophysical Research Letters, are gleaned from satellite measurements of global plant life, and contradict assertions by activists that global warming is causing deserts to expand, along with devastating droughts.

A team of scientists led by environmental physicist Randall Donohue, a research scientist at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization in Australia, analyzed satellite data from 1982 through 2010. The scientists documented a carbon dioxide “fertilization effect” that has caused a gradual greening of the Earth, and particularly the Earth’s arid regions, since 1982. The satellite data showed rising carbon dioxide levels caused a remarkable 11 percent increase in foliage in arid regions since 1982, versus what would be the case if atmospheric carbon dioxide levels had remained at 1982 levels.

Read more at the link. I wonder if there is a consensus yet? :w00t:

"but if we don’t build it, they won’t come"

This is the singular phrase upon which most liberal FAIL is predicated.

Ask yourselves: how do we determine demand? How do we determine market? How do we determine interest in market? How do we determine tensile strength/ brand loyalty/attachment to existing solutions? Provided we get affirmative answers to those, how do we determine expected market share, and then, how do we do sales projections?

This quote above is how they determine those things. It's the only way they determine those things. And, then they wonder why we call them idiots?

It literally is amazing. Oh sure, Liberals love the poper use of marketing when it comes to winning elections. But, they completely forget about it when it comes to governing?

Does anybody know how/why Main Steet in Buffalo was closed to car traffic? Does anybody want to venture a guess as to the premise? Yeah: "if we don't build it, they won't come". :wallbash: Now what are we doing? Spending millions to put it back the way it was...because...they didn't come, and we apparently couldn't be bothered to do the marketing analysis that would have told us that prior to "building it". :lol: Yes, who needs a working knowledge of busines anyway...that's Wall Street/1%er stuff. :lol: Let's elect a Community Organizer!

Again, I ask: does anybody still wonder why I think most liberals are idiots?