Should Bills pick up Jahvid Best?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. If he is okay medically, he would be one more quality toy for Hackett to play with. Plus, if he does get injured again, he'd be our 3rd String RB, so really no harm if he signs for vet min.

People here are quick to dismiss the idea, but you're right-- the issue is whether Best could be viable competition as our 3rd String RB.

Assuming he is medically cleared (huge assumption, I know), I don't see the downside to signing the guy and seeing if he can beat out Tashard Choice.

This is all academic, because it seems like he will never be medically cleared.

Agreed. If he is okay medically, he would be one more quality toy for Hackett to play with. Plus, if he does get injured again, he'd be our 3rd String RB, so really no harm if he signs for vet min.

some rosters carry 4 - if he suited up on sundays for a couple carries and left choice inactive - i dont think itd be crazy. if spiller or freddy go down, you can keep him in that 15 snap 5 touch role and let choice leapfrog him on the depth chart.

it would be a very specific role, and would have to be cheap and come with medical clearance... but i wouldnt be upset if they went with it. not expecting it at all though.

People here are quick to dismiss the idea, but you're right-- the issue is whether Best could be viable competition as our 3rd String RB.

Assuming he is medically cleared (huge assumption, I know), I don't see the downside to signing the guy and seeing if he can beat out Tashard Choice.

yup - and the fact that we dont have a young recently drafted hard to replace guy at the 3rd slot makes it easy to discuss RB cuts for that spot. agree choice is unlikely, but its definitely a spot we might see change at.

Edited by NoSaint

(Forgive the absence of spaces / new paragraphs - my Enter button doesn't work on this site anymore, although it works fine on any other application).

Why not just write this down in another application then and just copy and paste it over?

he is great example of why i never begrudge NFL players for the sometimes huge contracts they sign. it can all be over with a couple of the right kinds of hit. just over, just like that

Agree, I never question contracts. They get what they negotiate and more power to them. Unlike others it doesn't affect me at all.

I'd really rather the Bills weren't party to Best's death.

Yeah, this. I hope for his sake he walks away from football and finds another path in life. Some guys just aren't meant to take the beating you get in the NFL.

Why do fans constantly do this? Let's find a guy who's prone to injury who never really did anything in his career and give him a contract to play. Why? Also, why sign a player at a position that isn't even one of need. The Bills were the 6th most productive team rushing the ball last season. This might be the Best worst post I've seen in awhile.

Remember when everyone was super pissed that we got CJ and not this guy?

No. I don't remember that.

It is all academic however I disagree with the idea of Best as our 3rd string RB.

IMO it's not optimum to have a guy whose skill set is redundant to Spiller's. I think it would be better to have a 3rd RB who brings something else to the table. For instance the Bills don't have a battering ram-type RB. I'd be more on board with a goal-line, short-yardage back then someone who's an imitation of CJ.

JMO.