Met Doug Marrone this past Sunday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's going to be War."-Doug Marrone

Ok, I think we finally have the right attitude going into the season.

This is a very similar quote that Mike Tomlin said at the beginning of a season opener against the Baltimore Ravens...That was an electric game...HC can motivate teams aptly.

I'm a little surprised that he doesn't feel Rodgers will contribute much this season, but there is a big difference between "Immediate impact season 1" and "Talented player who needs more time to develop" so I would be ok with the latter.

This may be a ploy by Marrone to simply let Rodgers know that he cannot just walk into this team and become a Diva..

I forget who asked before what type f fundraiser it was. I only knew about it because my friend lives around the corner from the bar and saw that the coach would be there. It was a $10 cover and then just regular bar prices. The money went to a little girl in the neighborhood with cancer. Coach Marrone seemed to know a lot of people there because I think he grew up in the neighborhood. It also wasn't one long conversation, just asked him a number of questions in passing and granted I had a few in me too. It was also very casual. It was just an ordinary bar. He had a hat on, shorts and flip flops. Nothing serious so it was a casual setting. He did ask that I not post any pictures on Facebook. Not sure why, but maybe because it was in a bar setting, so I've abided by that. I don't think he gave anything away, but I did like the praise for Manuel. He was actually pretty soft spoken until the whole war part. And that had me and my friends dying and now I'm all fired up

I forget who asked before what type f fundraiser it was. I only knew about it because my friend lives around the corner from the bar and saw that the coach would be there. It was a $10 cover and then just regular bar prices. The money went to a little girl in the neighborhood with cancer. Coach Marrone seemed to know a lot of people there because I think he grew up in the neighborhood. It also wasn't one long conversation, just asked him a number of questions in passing and granted I had a few in me too. It was also very casual. It was just an ordinary bar. He had a hat on, shorts and flip flops. Nothing serious so it was a casual setting. He did ask that I not post any pictures on Facebook. Not sure why, but maybe because it was in a bar setting, so I've abided by that. I don't think he gave anything away, but I did like the praise for Manuel. He was actually pretty soft spoken until the whole war part. And that had me and my friends dying and now I'm all fired up

Thanks for the background info; makes the story even better. He had the awareness to mention FB which says a lot. Kudos to you for keeping that trust.