Boy scouts: No fat-a$$ scouts allowed to go camping

Someone on Facebook posted a photo of their parents in high school in the 60s recently. There were 30 or so kids just walking the quad in the background. There was one girl--one--who might have been a little overweight by today's standards but even she wasn't that big. Probably 5-5, 160. The rest look rail thin.

I'm not sure you could pick 30 high schoolers at random today and come up with 15 who were not fat. When I look back at the "fat kids" in my class at McQuaid from 1989, a couple are fat even by today's standards but most of the other "fat kids" look pretty normal.

Big thighs?

Come on, you have to picture this guy. If he got on top of you he could not be moved. His center of gravity was insanely low, and his lbs./sq inch was ridiculous. He once wrestled a state champion and got him on his back. For over 1:30 seconds the guy had to flex just to keep from being pinned. The other guy a 275# 6'7" and cut - very good wrestler but this guy had him in a hucklebuck. He wasn't going anywhere.

Come on, you have to picture this guy. If he got on top of you he could not be moved. His center of gravity was insanely low, and his lbs./sq inch was ridiculous. He once wrestled a state champion and got him on his back. For over 1:30 seconds the guy had to flex just to keep from being pinned. The other guy a 275# 6'7" and cut - very good wrestler but this guy had him in a hucklebuck. He wasn't going anywhere.

Thigh "roids". :bag: