Two Denver Broncos' Execs suspended for recent DUIs

Legal judgment day means little to teams; they can release a player for any reason not prohibited by federal, state or local laws or not allowed by contract with NFL Player Association Union. If they want rules to change they need to talk to union reps but it may cost them money in next contract.

Should be longer imo.

I'm sure the NFLPA will be watching with the way players get punished or released these days before they even have their legal judgement day.

Which they have every right to do and should do. Players need to be accountable to the team and league for their image.

These execs should have been fired. They were too high up the food chain for that though so it should have been much longer.

Edited by jeremy2020

The interesting point of this story is that Russell was so wasted that he ran into a police car. I believe Russell blew a .24, about 3 times the legal limit and really it's amazing that he could function at all.

Then after all the fallout from that debacle it was revealed that Heckert had also been arrested for DUI weeks earlier. I believe he blew a .17 (more than twice the legal limit) even though his breathalyzer test was taken 7 hours after he was arrested. Makes you wonder why the breathalyzer took so long and why the Heckert arrest was never announced.

Then it was revealed that one of the Broncos players recently had a DUI arrest which went unreported at the time.

So the Broncos are talking tough now but up until a week ago they were trying to sweep this stuff under the carpet until the Russell arrest blew everyone's cover.

The Broncos are in crisis control because everyone now knows they were trying to appear tough when they were actually being permissive.

The interesting point of this story is that Russell was so wasted that he ran into a police car. I believe Russell blew a .24, about 3 times the legal limit and really it's amazing that he could function at all.

There should really be a mandatory prison sentence for anyone blowing a .24. At that level you might as well be firing a gun randomly out the window of the car.

Should be longer imo.

Which they have every right to do and should do. Players need to be accountable to the team and league for their image.

These execs should have been fired. They were too high up the food chain for that though so it should have been much longer.

Russell was suspended indefinitely so by definition it's too early to know that that penalty was too light.

• 2 weeks later...