Darwin award candidate

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130708/NEWS01/307080024/Thaddus-Johnson-Lyons?odyssey=obinsite

A 20-year-old man has died from injuries he suffered exiting a moving car over the weekend in Lyons, Wayne County.

Thaddus Johnson of Lyons, a front-seat passenger in a friend’s sedan, fell to the pavement early Saturday as he attempted to get on the roof of the car to “go ghost surfing,” said Chief Deputy Bob Hetzke of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.

Not that it mitigates the stupidity but apparently the driver was trying to slow down when he started climbing out the door. I assume this means that she was braking.

I'm sure that didn't help Mr. Cowabunga.

BTW, it seems the majority of drivers feel they either have to be accelerating or braking.

It's amazing how many people never seemed to learn that coasting is one of the nuances of the good driver and how many people can't seem to maintain a constant rate of speed.

Sometimes I'll have my cruise control on and the same people will pass me and then let me pass them 5 times in a 20 mile stretch.

Pat Tillman is known as a hero. And, this is something he did all the time. Car flying down the highway and he would go out one window, over the roof and in on the other side.

Among many other adrenaline junkie things he did.

I did it back in HS. I also once actually climbed from one moving vehicle to another. Yes, I was a total dumbass. Those many acts of stupidy are a small part of why im sooo freakin thankful to be alive and relatively successful in my career and as a parent. Thank god my son is nothing like I was as a teenager!!!