PFT Preseason Rankings BB #28

Nanker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is patently wrong. Free agents often go to teams without being a winning program. Of course they would always sign with the better team if the money is the same, but that's just it, it usually isn't.

I don't get what you're disagreeing with when you say "Winning teams usually have good QB play."?

You say that you patently disagree and then in the next sentence you agree? The point that I was making on perception was that it gives you an advantage when everything else is seemingly even. The Bills have traditionally had to overpay for guys or wait until their options run out. An example of a guy that they missed out on this year is Dansby. If the Ravens offered him that same contract he would have probably accepted it. (And yes, I realize that he went to Arizona but he was drafted there and had a level of comfort there. I just used the example because I thought that it was a good one).

I was agreeing that good QB play usually takes place on winning teams. However there are more good QBs in the league right now than winning teams.

yes, this is a fan site. the facts scream that this team will get killed this year while it starts over (again), but, hey, this is a fan site (fan = fanatic) and after all, this is the high point of every season, so everyone on board !! EJ to CJ to TJ...

I'm sorry, but what "facts" scream that this team will get killed? I think by "facts" you mean "your opinion". The "facts" scream that this team will play 16 games with a vastly different team than last year. Everything else is educated guessing and conjecture, not fact.

I agree with this. That's why I think if the Bills could just do whatever it takes this year to win 8 games it could play huge dividends in next year's free agent grab. If players think you're going somewhere and the money is good, they'll go with you instead of another team that they think may be going nowhere. Of course big money talks as we well know. But, if the Bills put out EJ there before he is ready, or for example and he struggles and we go 4-12, it's gonna make it tougher to get over the hump.

I'm not so sure about that (the total number of wins). Look at Carolina. Cam Newton was 6 - 10 his rookie year and 7 - 9 last year. I think the perception of doing better and gaining ground toward building a stronger and better competitive team will pay dividends. I hope they kick the door down on the competition this year and going forward.

On Monday Night Football years ago Howard Cosell said to OJ, "Juice, once again you have shown you have a tremendous grasp of the obvious".

So the Bills need a QB, a couple of WR and some LBs.

Edited by chris heff

It's been a very satisfying 12 years for you...

Ha -- you beat me to it.

Arguing over pre-training-camp internet rankings is just like arguing on the internet -- or something like that. Anyway, it's dumb.

I'm good with how low we are but lower than the Jets? Really?

Jets have a more proven coach.

And, sadly, a more proven QB. (Yes, that's with acknowledging that Sanchez sucks)

Edit: Not saying I agree or disagree, but there's logic behind it.

Edited by Dorkington

Jets have a more proven coach.

And, sadly, a more proven QB. (Yes, that's with acknowledging that Sanchez sucks)

Edit: Not saying I agree or disagree, but there's logic behind it.

Sanchez has certainly proven that he sucks, which is more than Kolb or EJ can say.

Sanchez has certainly proven that he sucks, which is more than Kolb or EJ can say.

He's maintained his starting job, and has been fairly durable. More than Kolb can say.

As far as EJ, he hasn't played a down in the NFL, and all the "experts" are down on him.

All I'm saying is, from a "general NFL news" standpoint, their position makes sense.

Personally, I think the Bills and the Jets are about even going into the season, and that even level is pretty low relative to the rest of the league. We have more talent on paper, but they have more coaching experience on paper.

He's maintained his starting job, and has been fairly durable. More than Kolb can say.

As far as EJ, he hasn't played a down in the NFL, and all the "experts" are down on him.

All I'm saying is, from a "general NFL news" standpoint, their position makes sense.

Personally, I think the Bills and the Jets are about even going into the season, and that even level is pretty low relative to the rest of the league. We have more talent on paper, but they have more coaching experience on paper.

You think Rex has done a "good" job as a coach? His teams have gotten progressively worse, he runs through OCs like water, just lost his DC, and has become quite the joke.

Sorry, regardless of "experience" I'll gladly put up my own money against anyone who wants to suggest the Jets will have a better record than the Bills this season.

You think Rex has done a "good" job as a coach? His teams have gotten progressively worse, he runs through OCs like water, just lost his DC, and has become quite the joke.

Sorry, regardless of "experience" I'll gladly put up my own money against anyone who wants to suggest the Jets will have a better record than the Bills this season.

When's the last time the Bills made the playoffs? When is the last time the Jets made the playoffs?

What has our new coach done in the NFL?

Rex has more experience, and has coached a relevant team in recent history.

Does that mean the Jets will have a better record? Hell if I know. But I'm not going to sit here and say Marrone is a better NFL coach without actually seeing him coach in the NFL.

When's the last time the Bills made the playoffs? When is the last time the Jets made the playoffs?

What has our new coach done in the NFL?

Rex has more experience, and has coached a relevant team in recent history.

Does that mean the Jets will have a better record? Hell if I know. But I'm not going to sit here and say Marrone is a better NFL coach without actually seeing him coach in the NFL.

Based upon the last two seasons is there any team (besides the one already paying them) that would take Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez as their HC and QB?

I think we all know the likely answer to that question.

Edited by eball

Based upon the last two seasons is there any team (besides the one already paying them) that would take Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez as their HC and QB?

You never know. After all, some team hired Chan Gailey as a HC a few years ago.

Is there any team other than the Bills that'd take Chan/Fitz, or Marrone/Kolb?

?

Ryan has done a great job overall.

Really? Are the Jets in better or worse shape right now than four years ago? Ryan is a lame duck coach this season.

The team is on a down turn, definitely. But he still has an overall record of 34-30, and, more importantly, a 4-2 playoff record. Six more playoff games than the Bills have played in that time frame, and the eight years previous to that.

I'm good with how low we are but lower than the Jets? Really?

You should be OK with that too. Take your Bills hat off for just a minute and look objectively.

The Bills have been completely irrelevant for the last 13 seasons (some would argue the majority of their existence). A completely new coaching staff ... again. Drafted some probable, but not proven yet, good players, but lost at least one good starter and to date one franchise tag holdout. Bills fans try to see the best, but they did when the Gailey staff came in as well. Then yet again before the start of last season with Wanny taking over the D. So Bills fans can't be taken seriously in this matter. Bottom line is the Bills should be ranked below the Jets until they prove otherwise, which hasn't happened yet because they haven't even started camp yet. At the end of preseason these lists start to carry a little weight because there is some basis in fact. Until then, these journalists are scrambling for something, anything, to write to keep food on the table.

OK, now put your Bills hat back on. It's almost time for camp :)

The team is on a down turn, definitely. But he still has an overall record of 34-30, and, more importantly, a 4-2 playoff record. Six more playoff games than the Bills have played in that time frame, and the eight years previous to that.

You keep missing the point, which is, who would you want right now? The past is irrelevant.