Most Devastating Injury Each NFL Team.

mead107

I was thinking it was due to the Patriots hiring of Asiana Airlines as the team transportation. But then I woke up.

LMAO

CBF

I remember that day.

All joking aside, that was a horrible day. I remember holding my breath praying that he was ok. There is nothing more scary than an injury like that.

You know its serious when a stadium of 70,000+ is dead quiet and all the players gathered for prayer from both sides.

It's a cruel wake up call that in the end it's just a game.

I give Ralph so much credit for how much class he showed by leaving Everett on the roster for three years so he could collect the NFL pension. That was one of the classiest moves he has ever done and I will always hold him in high regard for that.

I remember Everett was all over the news and I must say, I love when the Bills get media attention. Especially national media attention but not that type of coverage.

What a remarkable comeback he made. I read his book and its grueling what he had to go through just to make it to where he is right now.

CBF

LMAO

CBF

All joking aside, that was a horrible day. I remember holding my breath praying that he was ok. There is nothing more scary than an injury like that.

You know its serious when a stadium of 70,000+ is dead quiet and all the players gathered for prayer from both sides.

It's a cruel wake up call that in the end it's just a game.

I give Ralph so much credit for how much class he showed by leaving Everett on the roster for three years so he could collect the NFL pension. That was one of the classiest moves he has ever done and I will always hold him in high regard for that.

I remember Everett was all over the news and I must say, I love when the Bills get media attention. Especially national media attention but not that type of coverage.

What a remarkable comeback he made. I read his book and its grueling what he had to go through just to make it to where he is right now.

CBF

It was pretty moving to see him walk again. I hope he gets his life back on track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKnuTg2Xc0

I remember that day.

I thought it was going to be about losing a franchise-type player and the negative impact it had. Sam Cowart going from a DPOY candidate to washed up after that achilles injury was tough. It happened at a time when the Bills were losing a lot of good players so it gets a bit forgotten but he was an All Pro type player. Losing Robert James is often cited as a devastating loss to injury by Bills fans of the 1970's.

That day my brother and I were building a shed at his house in Charlotte. He had went to pick up supplies and I had the game on the radio. It seemed like forever and had next to no picture of what happened. Only the next morning did I see what happened.

:thumbsup:

Derrick Burroughs. Not even close considering the team at that time.

I was going to say the same. Everett's injury was awful, and deflating, but what I remember is that the guy overcame the odds and the medical staff did a heroic job of turning this into a best-case scenario.

Burroughs' injury was tragic and it came at a time when the Bills were on the cusp of great things.

Derrick Burroughs. Not even close considering the team at that time.

I thought about Burroughs, and he was definitely a player on the rise and it would have been good to have him in that 1989-1993 stretch but Cowart and James were legitimate first team All Pro talents. The Bills went to 4 SB's in the next 5 years without Burroughs and their major defensive weaknesses were NT and safety run support during that period so I gotta say it's a lot closer than you think.