Dead Job Walking

ajzepp

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, right. :lol:

If they don't, this board will.

No doubt...the board on Sunday was far more annoying and aggravating than the loss!

Yeppers...I'm partially permanently disabled due to a back injury I sustained in the hospital, so right now I'm limited to jobs that keep me away from actual patient care. The one I'm interviewing for currently would be telephonic and I'd be takign inbound calls from members who had time sensitive needs/concerns or who were in crisis. In my last/current job, I worked mainly with those who had chronic issues such as Diabetes, COPD, CHF, CAD, etc and most of it was outbound. A lot of it was working to engage people to give a crap about their health, and that's the part of the job that became very inefficient, uncreative and just not much of a challenge. The new job would - theoretically - be much more satisfying and interesting. I also won't be tied to one particular account, so that will enhance my job stability and reduce the chances that I'll be in the position I'm in now.

I agree with you that it's very cool to see the ways that technology is being interfaced with healthcare. I have to give a lot of credit to the company I'm leaving, cause they are very innovative and will be a leader in developing new ways to interact with members/patients.

I'm just picturing the phones ringing and you're too engrossed in your Steve Austin podcast to answer them!

Congrats on your new job!

I'm just picturing the phones ringing and you're too engrossed in your Steve Austin podcast to answer them!

Congrats on your new job!

LOL! I actually will need to be careful, cause most of the hours will be working from home once I get through training...I'll have to keep Stone Cold on the back burner during working hours

Yeppers...I'm partially permanently disabled due to a back injury I sustained in the hospital, so right now I'm limited to jobs that keep me away from actual patient care. The one I'm interviewing for currently would be telephonic and I'd be takign inbound calls from members who had time sensitive needs/concerns or who were in crisis. In my last/current job, I worked mainly with those who had chronic issues such as Diabetes, COPD, CHF, CAD, etc and most of it was outbound. A lot of it was working to engage people to give a crap about their health, and that's the part of the job that became very inefficient, uncreative and just not much of a challenge. The new job would - theoretically - be much more satisfying and interesting. I also won't be tied to one particular account, so that will enhance my job stability and reduce the chances that I'll be in the position I'm in now.

I agree with you that it's very cool to see the ways that technology is being interfaced with healthcare. I have to give a lot of credit to the company I'm leaving, cause they are very innovative and will be a leader in developing new ways to interact with members/patients.

Congrats on the job.

Congrats AJ!

Thanks man...I keep thinking someone is going to tell me I'm being punked...somehow a job that is pretty much everything I could have asked for fell right into my lap...this sort of thing never happens to me lol

Hey guys...

I got an email from the company doing my pre-employment background check today. It wasn't until after 5pm that I rec'd it, so I've been unable to do much about this issue as of yet...so I wanted to get some opinions.

In 2005 and 2006, I worked for a home health company. This company has apparently closed it's doors and so the background check people were unable to verify my dates of employment. I found my former boss on facebook and have reached out to her, but in all honesty she's a bit of a flake and probably will disregard it or never see it. This is going to turn into a huge pain in the arse, so I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was likely to end up being a huge issue. When I filled out the application, I listed as a "gap" the period of time from late 2004 up to the end of 2006, as I was working for the home health company whenever I could fit in the hours. I became the primary caregiver for my mom when she was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer up until her passing in 2007.

Does anyone know if I can use a previous background check when this information was confirmed? When I was hired for my current job in 2010 and my previous job in 2007, the background check company was able to verify my employment dates since the home health place was still in operation. I don't know if I could just get a copy of the report from HR?

Being friday night, this is going to probably stress me out until I can actually do something about it on Monday lol.

Hey guys...

I got an email from the company doing my pre-employment background check today. It wasn't until after 5pm that I rec'd it, so I've been unable to do much about this issue as of yet...so I wanted to get some opinions.

In 2005 and 2006, I worked for a home health company. This company has apparently closed it's doors and so the background check people were unable to verify my dates of employment. I found my former boss on facebook and have reached out to her, but in all honesty she's a bit of a flake and probably will disregard it or never see it. This is going to turn into a huge pain in the arse, so I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was likely to end up being a huge issue. When I filled out the application, I listed as a "gap" the period of time from late 2004 up to the end of 2006, as I was working for the home health company whenever I could fit in the hours. I became the primary caregiver for my mom when she was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer up until her passing in 2007.

Does anyone know if I can use a previous background check when this information was confirmed? When I was hired for my current job in 2010 and my previous job in 2007, the background check company was able to verify my employment dates since the home health place was still in operation. I don't know if I could just get a copy of the report from HR?

Being friday night, this is going to probably stress me out until I can actually do something about it on Monday lol.

Well, you can stress out about the Bills on Sunday instead...........I'm not sure on the details of the background check, but definitely don't leave unexplained gaps on the resume - although that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Well, you can stress out about the Bills on Sunday instead...........I'm not sure on the details of the background check, but definitely don't leave unexplained gaps on the resume - although that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Yeah, I had listed that time period as a gap on the application, even though I was working sporadically. I just figured out that it was only this location that went out of business...the parent company still exists, so on Monday I'm goign to call the corporate HR dept and see if they can verify my records...that would really make me feel better lol.

Companies go out of business, that's not your problem if they can't verify employment. If you're truly worried, show them some paystubs, or IRS tax forms to prove you worked for them.

I only keep about 5 years of back records, so I doubt any of that stuff is in my files. Looks like the IRS can provide copies, but takes up to two weeks to receive them. Hopefully I can resolve this an easier way on Monday. If this affects my new job, I'm going to be really pissed.

I work directly for presidents of largeentities (four so far) and when they retire the word is out that most of folk at my level are going as well. This has never happened to me, as I kept a low profile and made myself useful in transition. As luck would have it in two of the cases there were major crises in the first few months that made me indispensable and I gained the trust of the new boss. In the most recent case I was a finalist at another place and had a long talk with the new president resulting in my staying here, a place I really like. I guess my observation is to keep your head down and do the best job possible, maintain the internal contacts who know your worth, and get references and put some irons in the fire. Don't overthink the situation, just continue to be the person they need and either or someone else will realize your value. Your reference to physical conditioning is spot on, but it is not the be all end all of spending your days, rather part of a bigger plan. Best of luck and I hope whatever happens you are better off for it.

• 3 weeks later...