• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he ends up in Green Bay.

202838[/snapback]

green bay is hurting big-time for cap room.......i think harrington could still snag a better contract from someone else at his age.......if he wants to take less money, green bay would be a defanite option........

did the lions think that herrington would win 10 games for them or something???

there team sucks. and they loose games. its not all his fault. if we didnt have JP, i would want him in a bills jersey.

202875[/snapback]

Seriously, I would cut/fire/trade Bledsoe, bring in Harrington and let JP sit a year or two. I know it would never happen, but I'm not convinced JP is ready next year, and Harrington would do well I think with our defense, ST, and offensive weapons.

According to sources, Millen believes Harrington's growth was stunted by the conservative offense of head coach Steve Mariucci. Meanwhile, Mariucci believes his West Coast system was crippled by Harrington's lack of accuracy and leadership.

At the urging of Millen, Mariucci surrendered his play-calling duties in the final three games and, with quarterback coach Greg Olson taking over, Harrington became more aggressive. Still, the Lions lost both games in which Harrington threw for more than 300 yards.

maybe when your head coach think your QB is CRIPPLING your offense it is hard to produce. once the QB coach took over, he played well.

If Harrington were to play the 2005 season with the Lions, his salary cap number would be just under $10 million. The Lions can absorb that for this year and also make it easier for them to release Harrington next season (for a cap hit of less than $4 million).

10 mil. cap hit. i dont think he will be a lion next season. good for him, bad for williams.....

If mooch thinks harrington sucks, then he probobly isn't so great. Remember mooch coached Jeff Garcia to a 4,000 yard season.

But with that being said, I wouldnt mind seeing hijm in a bills uni as a backup. Detroit really is too !@#$ed up to accurately evaluate any single member of the organization and place blame upon that person.

If mooch thinks harrington sucks, then he probobly isn't so great.  Remember mooch coached Jeff Garcia to a 4,000 yard season.

But with that being said, I wouldnt mind seeing hijm in a bills uni as a backup.  Detroit really is too !@#$ed up to accurately evaluate any single member of the organization and place blame upon that person.

202904[/snapback]

Not every QB fits every system. Mooch is arrogant - which is why he's no longer in SF.

Further proof that it's not often a good idea to let young QBs learn on the field.

202822[/snapback]

You mean its not always a good idea for a young guy to get his brains beat in and think that he can't beat even the worst defenses? Geez, who'd of thunk it? Thanks AD...

You mean its not a good idea for a young guy to get his brains beat in and think that he can't beat even the worst defenses?  Geez, who'd of thunk it?  Thanks AD...

202934[/snapback]

Apparently that's a tough concept for some people to grasp. You know, the "we spent a high pick on him, so he should play" crowd.

I wouldn't trade for him, and I would not offer a rich contract, but if Harrington ends up looking for a job and finds the market is soft, he might accept a contract offer that was pretty reasonable. Only under those circumstances would I consider signing him.

Why?

Bledsoe tearing things up of late?  Or are you still suck in the 1st half of 2002???

202963[/snapback]

If we get him then we have two unproven young QB's. We still need a decent vet to be a back up. Harrington will go to someone and start soon or backup up an aging vet like Favre to be groomed as a starter. Why would we want Harrington if we already have JP? I'll take Bledsoe as a backup to Losman.

Apparently that's a tough concept for some people to grasp.  You know, the "we spent a high pick on him, so he should play" crowd.

202937[/snapback]

I almost think the Bills are a great situation for breaking in a young QB. Evans and Moulds are a great tandem. Campbell and Euhus are good tight ends. If Willis stays healthy, he's an amazing RB. The O-line is improving. On the other side of the ball, the defense can win games for you and the special teams are great. So the offense should get some very good field position.

The problem with young QBs drafted highly is that they end up on really lousy teams and have no help.

I imagine Harrington would be a great understudy to Favre next season if the Packers can afford him. Sometimes talented QB's need a couple tries (see: Steve Young).

I almost think the Bills are a great situation for breaking in a young QB.  Evans and Moulds are a great tandem.  Campbell and Euhus are good tight ends.  If Willis stays healthy, he's an amazing RB.  The O-line is improving.  On the other side of the ball, the defense can win games for you and the special teams are great.  So the offense should get some very good field position.

The problem with young QBs drafted highly is that they end up on really lousy teams and have no help.

I imagine Harrington would be a great understudy to Favre next season if the Packers can afford him.  Sometimes talented QB's need a couple tries (see: Steve Young).

202972[/snapback]

We're probably in a better position than the Lions but the Steelers showed what the ultimate example should probably look like.