If you could only get a do over....

Well as the saying goes, If you love something let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be.

So good riddance Cordy. Maybe we'll see you down the road.

On the bright side, I hear Demetress Bell is available.

:D

well, I've said before that we won't get a very high draft pick for him. 2nd would be my best guess.

I know there's the fact that if he signs the franchise tag, then we can't negotiate with him until after the season (I still think that's dumb, teams re-negotiate during the season all the time) but what if he never signs the tag? What if he does but being that he's traded to another team, does that team have an option to re-negotiate with him because they didn't put the tag on him?

Too many variables, in the end, I still predict he's gone from the team come opening day. In fact, if he actually signs his tag and we keep him for 1 year, I'll be furious because ill know that he'll be gone at the end of the year. We will play this game all next summer again with him and it'll be harder to justify because his tag $$$ will be much more.

He'd have to sign the tag to be be traded. Can't trade an unsigned player.

Not 100% sure but I don't think there's an exemption for a trade either with regards to an extension.

London Fletcher. He would have been a "risky" resign for his age at time we let him go (32), but he has averaged over 140 tackles a year the last 6 years in Washington, hasn't missed a start, and provided a passionate, vocal leader.

We could sure have used some of those things over the last 6 years

But his Washington Redskins have been no better than the Bills until they acquired RGIII. My point is: Would he have made a difference to the fortunes of the team in the last seven years...No.

He'd have to sign the tag to be be traded. Can't trade an unsigned player.

Not 100% sure but I don't think there's an exemption for a trade either with regards to an extension.

but could he sign the tag and then renegotiate? The team making the trade for him isn't the team that tagged him so... I don't know the details to it either. Again, I feel it's stupid that a franchised player can't negotiate throughout the season and sign a long term deal. Doesn't make sense to me.

It started when i was dismissing how the Bills would never let JByrd get away and then I thought about Jabari Greer.. Jason Peters.. London Fletcher.... Willis Mcgahee, Donte Whitner, Levitre..Posluszny and it struck me how those guys could make a significant impact on the success of their teams...i'm not sure which one i would want back...but i do know they were all talented players that for one reason or another got away....so here's the question...which one of the former bills (maybe someone i overlooked) who's likely to play this year would you want back....

If you pushed me hard enough i'd love to see Poz in Pettine's scheme....

An interesting question for the off season. This may not be a popular thought amongst Bills fans, but I would say London Fletcher. I have seen a lot of him playing with the Redskins since he left the Bills and he is without a doubt the leader of the D for them. I was not sad when he left the Bills, but seeing him play behind a half way decent d-line shows that he makes plays. Out LBs have been pitiful so I think It's London I'd like to have never left.

I take it you haven't seen the following draft-day transcript.

Reporter: so tell me your thoughts and feelings about Cordy Glenn.

Eagles GM: We're very excited about Cordy, and thrilled he fell to us in the second round.

Reporter: but he didn't actually fall to you guys. He was taken by the Buffalo Bills.

Eagles GM: With Cordy, we went through a two-part process. The first part was to decide if we felt comfortable with him as our long-term left tackle. The answer there was yes. The second question was whether we needed him immediately. We felt Cordy was a little raw; and there are already guys on our team who can hold the LT position down for the next few years.

Reporter: All that is great, but Glenn isn't actually an Eagle.

Eagles GM: Fortunately, we didn't have to throw Cordy to the wolves right away. He can spend the next few years in Buffalo before graduating to the Eagles.

Reporter: but what guarantee do you have that he'll become an Eagle? What if he spends the rest of his career in Buffalo?

Eagles GM: After he was picked, I called Cordy to congratulate him. "Cordy," I said, "I want to welcome you to the Eagles franchise. I trust you'll make us proud. Keep your chin up, and don't let yourself get discouraged about the fact you'll spend the first few years of your Eagles career in a Bills' uniform."

Reporter: but aren't you worried about the possibility he might not join the Eagles?

Eagles GM: I think Cordy has a great combination of work ethic, height, arm length, arm strength, toughness, and athleticism. I don't have any Cordy-related worries. I'm confident he'll do a great job of protecting the Eagles' blind side for many years to come.

:lol: