Dwightmare

major

There are few dominant big men in the league, he was the #1 center at one point, he is still young. I think he fits better on the Rockets than the Lakers and if he reclaims his status as the #1 Center in the NBA he is worth money. I put the odds at 65/35 that he does not regain his status but with so few premier players hitting the market it is worth the risk.

I'm interested to hear alpha chime in on this as a fellow laker fan. Me for one, I am glad he chose Houston. He's a good player but not a great one. He can't be on the floor at the end of a game as his free throws are atrocious.

He appears to love the game which confuses me. He doesn't appear to want to work on his weaknesses. I've mentioned free throw shooting but overall his offensive game leaves a lot to desire. He has been in the league to long for me to think he is suddenly going to get it.

I think Houston actually is a better fit for him than la. Less pressure to win, a better team for his skill set, a better coach (how much is debatable I just don't like dantoni), less income tax, no Kobe to steal the spotlight, and along those lines nobody to call out his (sometimes) suspect effort.

Lakers are going to struggle next year and then be primed for the free agent class of 2014. Lebron, melo, etc... Make for some exciting dream scenarios and unlike buffalo and the bills players want to play in la for the lakers.

The guy can be a major factor, if he ever sets his priorites straight. His two-face routine in Orlando rubbed me the wrong way... Dwight Howard just wants everybody to like him, and in the process, makes everyone dis-trust him. Guy has talent, and, honestly, I think Kevin McHale may be able to get more out of him than most other coaches. It is a good place for him...if I were a Lakers fan (and I am so not!) I wouldn't be too upset. At least not yet. As Section 122 pointed out, players gravitate toward the Lakers...they want to be there (except Dwight!)...it may take them a year (Laker land isn't used to having to wait!), but they will likely be better off...if Kobe returns to form, you know they will add a piece or two and be competitive for a year...they will be back. That is, assuming, the new Lakers owner doesn't destroy the flag-shiip franchise that his father built....

I thought it was funny to hear that Howard is saying that he and Hardin will be the new "Shaq and Kobe"! Uh, dumb-ass...you couldn't play on the same team with the real Kobe, and you aren't half the player Shaq was, in his prime... the guy just doesn't get it. He is nothing but untapped potential at this point...a long way from Shaq and Kobe V.2...

The guy can be a major factor, if he ever sets his priorites straight. His two-face routine in Orlando rubbed me the wrong way... Dwight Howard just wants everybody to like him, and in the process, makes everyone dis-trust him. Guy has talent, and, honestly, I think Kevin McHale may be able to get more out of him than most other coaches. It is a good place for him...if I were a Lakers fan (and I am so not!) I wouldn't be too upset. At least not yet. As Section 122 pointed out, players gravitate toward the Lakers...they want to be there (except Dwight!)...it may take them a year (Laker land isn't used to having to wait!), but they will likely be better off...if Kobe returns to form, you know they will add a piece or two and be competitive for a year...they will be back. That is, assuming, the new Lakers owner doesn't destroy the flag-shiip franchise that his father built....

I thought it was funny to hear that Howard is saying that he and Hardin will be the new "Shaq and Kobe"! Uh, dumb-ass...you couldn't play on the same team with the real Kobe, and you aren't half the player Shaq was, in his prime... the guy just doesn't get it. He is nothing but untapped potential at this point...a long way from Shaq and Kobe V.2...

Potential is right. IMO, Dwight could be better than Shaq if he would dedicate himself and let himself be coached. He's not as physically dominating as Shaq, but he's more athletic and can do more with ball in hands. They both suck at FTs, so no advantage there. If Howard had let Van Gundy coach him, he could be a much better player right now.

I've heard of him! Git'r done Doug? Russ? Buddy? Ralph? Tom?

One of them is cheap, can't remember which one though.

Particularly amongst traditional centers there aren't many choices heck Bynum Smith and even Odom are getting interest this year.

Not to mention Greg Oden who's narrowed the field down to 5 teams.

WRT Howard, he should spend less time in the weight room and more time trying to learn how to play basketball.

He's a much better athlete than Ewing but Ewing worked tirelessly on footwork and technique.

Akeem Olajuwon is a guy that perfected low post play through hard work and practice.

Howard is a dilettante when it comes to playing center.

One of them is cheap, can't remember which one though.

Not to mention Greg Oden who's narrowed the field down to 5 teams.

WRT Howard, he should spend less time in the weight room and more time trying to learn how to play basketball.

He's a much better athlete than Ewing but Ewing worked tirelessly on footwork and technique.

Akeem Olajuwon is a guy that perfected low post play through hard work and practice.

Howard is a dilettante when it comes to playing center.

Ewing actually did good things for Howard's game in Orlando, but then there seemed to be a plateau where Howard got stubborn and just started whining about being fouled.