Do you have faith n MM to do the right thing at QB

Do you have faith the Bills braintrust will make the best choice at QB?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have faith the Bills braintrust will make the best choice at QB?

• Yes
    • No

Many posters are taking a lot of time to express their dismay or worship of Bledsoe at QB.

This is fine with me as these are the types of disputes that being a football fan is about.

However, I think there is a more important question for Bills fans that goes beyond what you feel personally about Bledsoe and raises the issue of how you feel about MM and the football braintrust and TD as the man entrusted overall with our football fate.

Do you or do you not have faith in MM and the football braintrust to make the best choice for the Bills regarding who they will pick as our starter?

Folks can feel however they feel about whether Bledsoe will stink up the joint or triumph. Folks can feel however they want about whether or when JP will be the man.

However, this is a different issue from whether you as a Bills fan (or an invader or welcome guest to this board) have a belief in MM/Clements/Wyche under TDs guidance are good enough at assessing and training QBs that they will do the right thing.

I am convinced after seeing how MM/Clements revived the careers of failed QBs Stewart and Maddox and built and integrated them into an effective offense in Puittsburgh that they know what they are doing when it comes to offensive production.

Further, I think that ASam Wyche demonstrated over his career that he is an effective planner and teacher on the offensive side of the ball and I think we are incredibly fortunate to have an HC level talent (though he was a good and not the best HC) as our QB coach.

Further. I was an advocate of letting Bledsoe go after the debacle of last season but if only because they had to work from such a low baseline that Bledsoe didn't even need to be good to be better than his horrendous performance last year, I can confidently say they got a lot more out of Bledsoe in 2004 than I expected.

Bledsoe's play and production in 2004 were not adequate in my book for a starting QB, but they also were a significant improvement over numerous consecutive quarters of not leading the offense to any TDs whatsoever that described his work in 2003. I was very impressed with what MM/Clements/Wyche got out Bledsoe last year even though his work was not good enough to carry the team on his back against Pitt as our ST and D failed to carry the team as they did during the streak.

In my mind, there is no QB problem for me as a fan (though the football braintrust has their work cut out for them in 2005) because TD has made this very simple with his pronouncement that Bledsoe is like any other player and must win his job.

If JP is a good enough player he should be able to show enough in the mini-camps and in pre-season to win the job from Bledsoe if Bledsoe plays the way he has through his entire career.

I did not believe that MM/Clements/Wyche would get as much out of Bledsoe as they did in 2004 after the 2003 disaster, and though it was not enough to make the team into a playoff team I was impressed. Heck they even had him running draw plays for games, throwing rollout TDs and pulled off some great flea-flickers. There is a slight chance that they will fool me again and continue Bledsoe's advancement. I doubt it, but hey i was wrong last year and if they were to revive Bledsoe even further I would be pleased to be wrong again.

Hpwever, the main thing I think this shows is that these guys know offense and the QB position. I like their chances of getting winning production from JP in 2005 and if they don't there is the fallback for me of squeezing as much as possible out of Drew to make this team a winner because of the ST and D clicking under this management.

So fuggabout how you feel about Bledsoe as the primary item. Do you have faith in MM and the gang?

I see everyone so far has said "yes". Well, i hope that isnt like when a girl says, "just tell me, i wont be mad" then you tell her and shes furious. I suspect more than half the board would be up in arms if drew starts again next year.