Game of Thrones season 4 -- April?

eball

Are you kidding me? My better half and I just went through a 30-episode run of the first three seasons on HBO Go over the past 2-3 weeks, and now I see it's not back until next April?

Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick!

I realize I'm late to the game, but what a great show.

Now you can get caught up by reading the books. They're all great!

I'm finding they're starting to drag a bit. Martin's descriptiveness is evocative, but overly verbose. He reminds me of Peter Jackson's directing style ("don't shoot a three minute scene when you can stretch it out to 15.")

I also don't understand why they're considered "fantasy," or he's compared to Tolkien. The series reminds me more of Dune than Lord of the Rings.

Are you kidding me? My better half and I just went through a 30-episode run of the first three seasons on HBO Go over the past 2-3 weeks, and now I see it's not back until next April?

They film in four different locations (Iceland, Ireland...I forget the two others.) It's not an easy series to shoot.

I'm finding they're starting to drag a bit. Martin's descriptiveness is evocative, but overly verbose. He reminds me of Peter Jackson's directing style ("don't shoot a three minute scene when you can stretch it out to 15.")

I also don't understand why they're considered "fantasy," or he's compared to Tolkien. The series reminds me more of Dune than Lord of the Rings.

They film in four different locations (Iceland, Ireland...I forget the two others.) It's not an easy series to shoot.

Same here. But I'm invested at this point.

Welcome to the club!

My guess is dragons, Whitewalkers, The Lord of Light and wargs have something to do with it.

Now you can get caught up by reading the books. They're all great!

Read the books to pass the time. It won't ruin the series for you.

Nah, since we never watched the Sopranos we decided to start that one from scratch now. Watched the first couple of episodes last night and this will be a good time killer for us as we wait for Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, and Thrones to return.

Edited by eball

The 4th book in the series, "A Feast for Crows" does drag a bit...but it introduces a lot of interesting characters.

The 4th season on HBO (the second half of "A Storm of Swords") is going to be epic...so much happens!

Edited by cantankerous

Welcome to the club!

My guess is dragons, Whitewalkers, The Lord of Light and wargs have something to do with it.

Well, yeah, no ****. But Dune had sandworms, gholas, and the Bene Gesserit. By that measure, they're not far off - the idea that "dragons" and "gods" are fantasy, but giant desert monsters and soothsaying witches with generational time-vision are science fiction is a completely artificial distinction.

Well, yeah, no ****. But Dune had sandworms, gholas, and the Bene Gesserit. By that measure, they're not far off - the idea that "dragons" and "gods" are fantasy, but giant desert monsters and soothsaying witches with generational time-vision are science fiction is a completely artificial distinction.

Yeah, but castles.

Nah, since we never watched the Sopranos we decided to start that one from scratch now.

I was late to the party with that show, so I binged by renting the discs from Netflix...what a great ride.