This stretch of highway kept clean by:

stevestojan

think they're gonna clean the road in their hoods and robes and stuff?

I wonder how many would get hit by cars (not enough).

202645[/snapback]

Well, with this ruling, not only can the KKK participate in the cleanup, but they will get a sign "thanking" them... are you kidding me?

Missouri lawyers had argued that a sign marking the KKK stretch of road could lead to more dumping and could endanger highway workers mistaken for Klan members.

The Klan sued and won on grounds it had a First Amendment free speech right to participate.

For better or worse, free speech means we have to allow everyone to "speek" whether we agree with them or not.

We could form a group called "KKK are A$$Holes" and sponser the stretch of road right before or after theirs. :unsure:

For better or worse, free speech means we have to allow everyone to "speek" whether we agree with them or not.

We could form a group called "KKK are A$$Holes" and sponser the stretch of road right before or after theirs. :unsure:

202658[/snapback]

Well, it's just going to add huge problems. I know if I drove through a section of highway that said "This stretch kept clean by the KKK" I would go home, get a weeks worth of garbage and dumb it all over that mile.

sounds like a stretch of free speech to me

202661[/snapback]

The the Adopt A Highway people should be able to put a sign up right next to each of the new KKK signs that say "These hate mongers are a bunch of redneck jackoffs who are obviously highly uneducated and imbred. Please litter here so these scumbag f-cks have something to do all day." Free Speech...

The State of MO. ought to say that's just fine....And give them Martin Luther King Blvd, or Malcomn X Ave. to keep clean. I wonder if the KKK would still want to do it?

I'm sure the Highway Dept. has control over which street and/or section of street to assign to cleaneruppers! :unsure:

The the Adopt A Highway people should be able to put a sign up right next to each of the new KKK signs that say "These hate mongers are a bunch of redneck jackoffs who are obviously highly uneducated and imbred. Please litter here so these scumbag f-cks have something to do all day."  Free Speech...

202685[/snapback]

Shame on you! That would be derogatory and inflammatory, not to mention libelous. Can't have any of that now can we? I smell ACLU involvement.

they just did a bit on this on Stern....freakin hilarious

202688[/snapback]

(where the hell do you think I heard about it?) :unsure:

Gilbert Godfried is a bit too over the top for me - basically, he just talks to damn much.... but man, Artie is so friggin funny.. I might have to get his DVD.

I know if I drove through a section of highway that said "This stretch kept clean by the KKK" I would go home, get a weeks worth of garbage and dumb it all over that mile.

Rather than spending taxpayer money by tying it up in court forever, perhaps this would be the best idea. Just think of it:

1. With so many people dumping their trash on this portion of road - they'd have to be out there constantly (even during a MO winter) picking up trash or if they didn't....

2. That stretch of road would look so trashed that people would continue to associate it with the trashy KKK.

I think they'd reconsider their desire to do it and we wouldn't have the ridiculous legislation tying up the courts.

Well, it's just going to add huge problems. I know if I drove through a section of highway that said "This stretch kept clean by the KKK" I would go home, get a weeks worth of garbage and dumb it all over that mile.

202660[/snapback]

See... That is EXACTLY what they want you to do... THE MORE GARBARGE... THE MORE EXPOSURE they get out on the road!

The thing to to is not dump anything and make that stretch irrelevant.

:)

The State of MO. ought to say that's just fine....And give them Martin Luther King Blvd, or Malcomn X Ave.  to keep clean.  I wonder if the KKK would still want to do it?

I'm sure the Highway Dept. has control over which street and/or section of street to assign to cleaneruppers!  :)

202691[/snapback]

"This portion of Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial Highway is has been adopted by a group of white supremacist nazi bastid coneheads in drag."

:lol:

I think this will just result in the signs coming down. Some people will probably not want to do the clean ups anymore, but the rest still will do it. So now you clean a section of the highway, get a plaque for your office entryway, etc.

The the Adopt A Highway people should be able to put a sign up right next to each of the new KKK signs that say "These hate mongers are a bunch of redneck jackoffs who are obviously highly uneducated and imbred. Please litter here so these scumbag f-cks have something to do all day."  Free Speech...

202685[/snapback]

Funny, you sound at least as hateful as them.