Ray Donovan - New Series on Showtime

ajzepp

Funny...I am by no means a Time Warner zealot, but the Showtime and NFL Network squabbles aside, I don't really understand the hatred people have for Time Warner. I have had Time Warner for 20+ years, have only ever had my cable go out once (that I know of), customer service has always been excellent (IMO)...not crazy about the costs sometimes, but I just don't understand the perception that their product is somehow inferior. I had DirecTV once, briefly, for about 8 months. Other than the exclusive NFL Ticket option, I don't see anything that makes Direct TV better, or superior to TW. I have a few family members, both in Buffalo and Atlanta who experience frequent reception problems... my brother in Atlanta has a stretch of about 6 consecutive weeks where he missed chunks of Bills games due to signal issues. A friend here in Austin has the same complaint.

From what I understand, from the frequent threads on this topic over the years, customer service from Direct TV is contracted out in different areas, so your customer service experiences can vary...

Yes, same issue here...although, our local CBS affiliate, from what I can tell, is still broadcasting. But Showtime, and Showtime "On Demand" are blocked. They are substituting free Starz and Encore in the interim. I have a feeling TW will not charge you for Showtime as long as this is going on. I was on the road all weekend, and had no idea this was going on, until last night, whe I wanted to tune in for the late showing of "Dexter". I suspect it won't go on very long...

You are correct, says that on the pre-recorded message