Bill Simmons- tired of him already

major

Bill Simmons has already worn out his welcome. Watching the nba draft last night in espn was a beating due to Simmons. Doc rivers called bill an idiot recently. He hit the nail on the head. Bill is trying to be Collin cowherd.

Hate to disagree with ya....Simmons is great.

Love everything he does, including the new pregame shows. He's made that show watchable...might need to get rid of Magic though IMO.

Did you happen to catch any of the "job interview" specials that ESPN did for the NBA Draft? They were trying to kind of emulate the "Gruden Camp" specials...they were awful... it was Simmons and Jalen Rose talking to the upcoming top prospects...Simmons sounded like a complete idiot.

I used to read his columns religiously, but the transition to tv personality is not a good one IMO. Rick Reilly went through the same thing...only difference is, I never liked Rick Riley in any medium.

Did you happen to catch any of the "job interview" specials that ESPN did for the NBA Draft? They were trying to kind of emulate the "Gruden Camp" specials...they were awful... it was Simmons and Jalen Rose talking to the upcoming top prospects...Simmons sounded like a complete idiot.

I used to read his columns religiously, but the transition to tv personality is not a good one IMO. Rick Reilly went through the same thing...only difference is, I never liked Rick Riley in any medium.

I have not yet, but I do watch most of the Grantland youtube videos and enjoy most of them. Bill Simmons is probably one of my top 5 favorite people in the world though. I am a huge basketball fan (play pretty often still for a 35 year old). Simmons mailbags are the best, there's not much BS can do at this point to rub me the wrong way. He gets a little goofy and fired up and can tip toe the borderline sometime, but i love the way he has fun with everything.

and ditto on Reilly i hate that guy........Im not a big golf guy though he seems to be all about the golf.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I get all fired up when I see a Simmons mailbag or column on something of interest to me. But, I hardly ever make it through all the way. They go on and on and on....

Rick Reilly I think was a great writer when he was with SI doing features, etc. My favorite by a mile at the time...........He started mailing it in when he got the weekly back page column. And, on espn he's just unreadable now.

He's not even that old to have been on the downside now for at least 15 years. He's also an egomaniac.

I get all fired up when I see a Simmons mailbag or column on something of interest to me. But, I hardly ever make it through all the way. They go on and on and on....

Rick Reilly I think was a great writer when he was with SI doing features, etc. My favorite by a mile at the time...........He started mailing it in when he got the weekly back page column. And, on espn he's just unreadable now.

He's not even that old to have been on the downside now for at least 15 years. He's also an egomaniac.

Rick Reilly belongs in the TSW pitchforks and torches hall of fame.

We're talking about the message board that was ready to nuke the hometown of any sports writer who dare suggest the Bills were going nowhere with Trent Edwards, yet we seem dubious about Reilly's assertion that the Super Bowl Bills were one of the most overrated teams of all time, saying they benefited from a historically weak AFC and were doomed to fall to any NFC contender from that era.