Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

That's about as stupid as players can get. Just goes to show how insulated these aholes are. It's really becoming more and more difficult to remain a fan of this game.

GO BILLS!!!

and yet people get all over Goodell when he tries to bring some common sense to the players..

Edited by jeremy2020

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet people get all over Goodell when he tries to bring some common sense to the players..

I can't blame Goodell and the owners with wanting to protect the brand. It's all about the advertisers that pay the huge bucks to the networks that pay the huge bucks to the league. We've seen many of these same sponsors drop athletes like a hot rock the minute they get in trouble.

Good luck to the Pouncy brothers and all the other thug, punk, gangsta wannabes in trying to garner endorsements in the future. Not that they'll care 'cause they "gotsta keep it real."

Phuckin' idiots. But I'll have fun actively rooting against them.

GO BILLS!!!

To cut to the chase, this goes hand in hand with another NFL player tweeting (in amusement) that Hernandez' entourage had turned over on him.

There is a widespread culture that you don't rat on your friends and in that culture of codes, ratting is one of the worst things a person can do, regardless of the circumstances.

So the question then becomes, how does everyone feel about being the ringleader of a murder and having your closest friends (who were involved) turn over on you?

Of course none of us would be in this position so that being the case the question becomes, how would you feel about conspiring with friends on any hypothetical felony and then having law enforcement pressure your friends into turning over on you?

The "culture" of not ratting on friends only exists on TV and in the movies. Nearly every major mob figure behind bars was put there with the testimony of an associate. AH and his buddies aren't even professional criminals. Look at the horrible job they did of covering there tracks.

If you are in that business, you have to expect the low lifes you hang with will roll on you in a second--how could you think otherwise??

If you are in the business of killing people, you do it alone or you kill everyone who was with you as soon as the heat starts coming. Simple.

Not sure what you're talking about but I noticed that all your boys went out and bought new cars… and furs for their wives.

It's purely coincidental that dog's not here right now. Complete coincidence. He's not hanging in a meat truck somewhere, I swear...

The "culture" of not ratting on friends only exists on TV and in the movies. Nearly every major mob figure behind bars was put there with the testimony of an associate. AH and his buddies aren't even professional criminals. Look at the horrible job they did of covering there tracks.

If you are in that business, you have to expect the low lifes you hang with will roll on you in a second--how could you think otherwise??

If you are in the business of killing people, you do it alone or you kill everyone who was with you as soon as the heat starts coming. Simple.

you are speaking out your behind again weo.

the "culture " is ancient.

these are street thugs and have no ethics.

do not confuse things .

and also ,only a fool proffesses about any matters of business much less your keen knowledge of " killing"

good luck

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a part of that culture so I don't really know for sure.

However, according to this story, Ortiz has been labeled a "snitch"

Police knew they could find him there, too. So, many times he has run from them when cruisers rolled down and around the horseshoe-shaped street of boxy, Section 8 housing, looking for him on a warrant for a stolen bike or vandalism or some petty theft. And Davis Drive residents would cover for him:
Charlie? Nope, haven't seen him.

"He was," Ortiz's cousin Jose "Ito" Torres said, "one of us."

Was.

Ortiz — who appears to be the prosecution's star witness in the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez — has had his membership revoked in the DooWops, the nickname for the Davis Drive family, because, Torres says,
he is a snitch

So, if the case is headed where some legal experts believe and Ortiz is granted immunity to help prosecutors convict Hernandez of the execution-style murder of Odin Lloyd, Ortiz should think about staying out of the old neighborhood when and if he's a free man again, his cousin said.

"He can come back here," Torres said, "but if you come back to the streets where everybody thinks you're hard but you've been snitching ..." His voice trails off. He doesn't want to say the words.

It's not just that Ortiz apparently is cooperating with authorities, Torres said. He is flipping on Hernandez, the guy from Bristol who became an NFL star with a $40 million contract. Not many from Bristol made it as big as Hernandez did, and Ortiz is threatening to put him away for life.
He's violating the code.

"Everybody knows that Charlie told," Torres said. "He's been labeled a rat. He's done. He's done. You're going to have another breaking news (story) on TV."
Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Hopefully it was photoshopped but the Pounceys are/were reportedly close with Hernandez.

At least back when they were all in Gainesville.

I'm sure last week the Pounceys were sporting a "Free Zimmerman" cap. After all, Zimmerman was Hispanic and so is Hernandez; Tray on was black and so was Lloyd. Logic would dictate that they should have supported Zimmerman as well. In fact, if Hernandez is acquitted, I fully expect there will be rioting and civil rights investigations.

you are speaking out your behind again weo.

the "culture " is ancient.

these are street thugs and have no ethics.

do not confuse things .

and also ,only a fool proffesses about any matters of business much less your keen knowledge of " killing"

good luck

What part of my post are you disputing? The part where I agree with you that these are street thugs with no such "code"? The fact that professional "ancient" card-carrying real gangsters have routinely dumped the "omerta" when faced with a long stretch of their own?

What I said is common sense. SJBF asked how any of us would respond to a buddy snithcing and I answered that you should absolutely expect it. It happens all the time with "street thugs" and your ancient and honorable Sopranos characters--in federal cases, that is why there is a witness protection program. Therefore, if you are going to kill, do it on your own.

Pretty simple, even for a non-professional killer to figure out. Or you could do it your way. Good luck with that!

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a part of that culture so I don't really know for sure.

However, according to this story, Ortiz has been labeled a "snitch"

He is a snitch. That's not in dispute. You asked how we would feel about a guy snitching in a case like AH's. I responded that you should absolutely expect it with these morons he hangs with.

It's easy for the other DooWops (how lame is that?!) to call the guy a snitch, but it's also safe to say that every last one of them would take a deal to rat AH out if they were looking at a life sentence also.

To believe otherwise, like 3rdand12 does, is foolish.

Edited by Mr. WEO

What part of my post are you disputing? The part where I agree with you that these are street thugs with no such "code"? The fact that professional "ancient" card-carrying real gangsters have routinely dumped the "omerta" when faced with a long stretch of their own?

What I said is common sense. SJBF asked how any of us would respond to a buddy snithcing and I answered that you should absolutely expect it. It happens all the time with "street thugs" and your ancient and honorable Sopranos characters--in federal cases, that is why there is a witness protection program. Therefore, if you are going to kill, do it on your own.

Pretty simple, even for a non-professional killer to figure out. Or you could do it your way. Good luck with that!

He is a snitch. That's not in dispute. You asked how we would feel about a guy snitching in a case like AH's. I responded that you should absolutely expect it with these morons he hangs with.

It's easy for the other DooWops (how lame is that?!) to call the guy a snitch, but it's also safe to say that every last one of them would take a deal to rat AH out if they were looking at a life sentence also.

To believe otherwise, like 3rdand12 does, is foolish.

Sopranos ? really ?

Thats your take on my opinion ? A television show ?

Hmm..

the only thing i am saying is you have no street experience in these matters. If you did, you would not talk so brashly as if you did.

thanks for the good luck wish though , i can use all i can get : )

Sopranos ? really ?

Thats your take on my opinion ? A television show ?

Hmm..

the only thing i am saying is you have no street experience in these matters. If you did, you would not talk so brashly as if you did.

thanks for the good luck wish though , i can use all i can get : )

This is pure common sense, no experience necessary. If you plan and "execute" a murder plot so poorly that you are immediately suspected and soon arrested and charged, you have to know your co-conspirators are going to give you up in a heartbeat. Either plan your murder better, do it yourself, or get rid of the guys who can put you in jail.

I really don't know what about that simple statement is "brash", so I guess I don't know what your take is or what point you are arguing.

Brady told Tebow way back in 2011 that Hernandez and fellow POS Brandon Spikes were "a lot to handle". http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22784964/tom-brady-to-tim-tebow-in-2011-florida-teammates-a-lot-to-handle

But yeah, the Pats* were totally "duped".....

Not Meyers urban team! "They're good guys"- Tebow..