Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, this reaks of Pats/NFL coverup.

Security cameras and cell phones being destroyed that may have contained evidence of wrong doings? Were those destroyed items placed in the same spot as some team practice video footage from years past? hmmmmmmm................................CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

I tend to agree with you that multiple coincidences point in the direction of AH being involved with this shooting....but all of our conjecture is based on "confidential sources" or "sources within the investigation". As such, our speculation is only as good as the anonymous sources we are relying on.

I take the reports of smashed equipment as being the truth, not speculation.

I'm simply pointing out that every single aspect of this guy's past will be heavily scrutinized now

Once a man has been accused or somehow implicated in wrong doing people come out of the woodwork to share their stories and claim a part of the narrative. We will likely hear about how he kicked a dog in the 4th grade from someone who "knew" back then there was something off about Aaron. The media will latch on to all the warning signs that were "missed".

I'm simply pointing out that every single aspect of this guy's past will be heavily scrutinized now

I know, everbody wil come out of the wood work with a story now... don't get me wrong, my deepest condolences for the family who lose their son, but I LOVE the ongoing dirty being pulled out on a Patriots player, let alone one of their Star players..... the only thing that could make me happier is if the IRS targeted Tom Brady and found out he was a Felon tax cheat.... Any Bad new for the Patriot is good new for the Bills, murder aside.

Once a man has been accused or somehow implicated in wrong doing people come out of the woodwork to share their stories and claim a part of the narrative. We will likely hear about how he kicked a dog in the 4th grade from someone who "knew" back then there was something off about Aaron. The media will latch on to all the warning signs that were "missed".

I haven't heard it yet, but the Cliche "Could we have Connected the Dots" surely is on the dockett.

I take the reports of smashed equipment as being the truth, not speculation.

i agree that they are probably pretty solid. who smashed them and what was on them, or remains on them still is a guessing game though.

I saw this guy explode in the National Championship game. I saw David Nelson do quite well, too. I was all for us getting Hernandez. I wanted him later then I wanted us to get Gronk early. I was fine with us not getting him, it would have been nice, though.

At this point, though, this guy is a dark shaddow. The league has a tough decision to make and there are heated talks going on right now behind big doors. If this guy is found innocent, and I almost hope he is - or at least takes a plea deal - because I want to see egg over the face of the "shield" for kicking the guy out of the league. Yet, Lewis and so many others, for just the same or more, are done.

The NFL may just as right be gone in 10-20 years with their own undoing.

http://bostonherald...._lost_their_way

Anyone post this yet? Even Boston's answer to Jerry Sullivan is throwing the Genius under the bus here.

PTR

That article is what everyone outside of Boston has known. It is 100% the truth, except, I do not know which two back to back drafts he is refering to...

Sources: Hernandez seen walking into home within minutes of neighbors hearing gunshots

Read more: http://www.myfoxbost...s#ixzz2Wr3epc4D

Seriously? How dumb is this guy? You never let the body be found. How can you not hide a body? I could put 100 bodies in places no one would ever find. Hell, I think I have come across holes in the ground someone got stashed in...

I saw this guy explode in the National Championship game. I saw David Nelson do quite well, too. I was all for us getting Hernandez. I wanted him later then I wanted us to get Gronk early. I was fine with us not getting him, it would have been nice, though.

At this point, though, this guy is a dark shaddow. The league has a tough decision to make and there are heated talks going on right now behind big doors. If this guy is found innocent, and I almost hope he is - or at least takes a plea deal - because I want to see egg over the face of the "shield" for kicking the guy out of the league. Yet, Lewis and so many others, for just the same or more, are done.

The NFL may just as right be gone in 10-20 years with their own undoing.

itll be interesting to see how they handle it. they have a couple of weeks til camp before they have to make any real public action, but the season is sneaking up quickly and the legal resolution is likely still pretty far on the horizon. they surely have investigators scrambling right now and people making all kinds of contingency plans.

If he ever plays for the Patriots again, it would be a disgrace. If this guy was on the Bills, I could not get him out of this city fast enough. Just with the evidence I have heard, I would think he would never play in the NFL again but hey, these idiots tend to get away with murder all the time (literally and figuratively).

Like them or not, the strong majority of opinion on the Pats message board is that he's a disgrace to their uni and is done as a Patriot.

itll be interesting to see how they handle it. they have a couple of weeks til camp before they have to make any real public action, but the season is sneaking up quickly and the legal resolution is likely still pretty far on the horizon. they surely have investigators scrambling right now and people making all kinds of contingency plans.

And when he gets suspended while still innocent until proven guilty - does the NFLPA try to protect their man or throw the lamb to the wolves in order to save the flock (yes, flock is accurate for sheep, herd does work but not as natural, and mob also works...but it would seem odd to use it there).

I have to think that Gooddell lets the Patriots handle it - the Pats barring him from the facilities. He still gets paid. They then put him on non-injured reserve list. This puts pressure on the league to do something more and that is what I wait for.

And when he gets suspended while still innocent until proven guilty - does the NFLPA try to protect their man or throw the lamb to the wolves in order to save the flock (yes, flock is accurate for sheep, herd does work but not as natural, and mob also works...but it would seem odd to use it there).

I have to think that Gooddell lets the Patriots handle it - the Pats barring him from the facilities. He still gets paid. They then put him on non-injured reserve list. This puts pressure on the league to do something more and that is what I wait for.

depends on a few things - if AH wants to push the issue, he may force an awkward situation. that would truly depend on the nature of the accusations as they continue to unfold though. the NFLPA has proven (atleast on major accusations) to be a bit of a pushover though. i think they realize the common goal of keeping words like "gang" and "murder" away from the nfl helps everybody.

figuring out where they think he falls on the spectrum of just having terrible friends and not stepping in or speaking up, to destroying things after the fact, to fully present throughout, to main aggressor will be a tough high wire to walk.

depends on a few things - if AH wants to push the issue, he may force an awkward situation. that would truly depend on the nature of the accusations as they continue to unfold though. the NFLPA has proven (atleast on major accusations) to be a bit of a pushover though. i think they realize the common goal of keeping words like "gang" and "murder" away from the nfl helps everybody.

figuring out where they think he falls on the spectrum of just having terrible friends and not stepping in or speaking up, to destroying things after the fact, to fully present throughout, to main aggressor will be a tough high wire to walk.

Isn't destroying evidence a crime in itself?

ESPN reporting that AH was not seen leaving his attorney's office, or since. That was just over 24 hours ago.

I would bet he is in hiding somewhere waiting to turn himself in on his own terms to get a better deal for a bond/plea.

Also, that for the hour at Foxboro, he was asked to leave - which he did. The training facilities were open, they said.

Isn't destroying evidence a crime in itself?

It is. What evidence is destroyed/was intended to be destroyed and who destroyed it is a bit open though. It's definitely illegal but not yet established exactly what went down yet. Atleast publicly.

There's also the added complication of legal vs nfl standards that I was hitting on with JBoyst

Edited by NoSaint

I'd be curious to hear some tech folk chime in with how effective "smash the phone with a hammer" or other techniques to wipe would be with clearing data. Obviously, any other device he communicated with still has record of its texts to/from him. The cell company will still have records of those numbers. Possibly records of his location when sending stuff and making calls before/during/after

Likewise the security system assuming all is basic high end gear.

Edited by NoSaint

With multiple reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for him on serious charges I think there is a very strong possibility that NE will be without both Gronk and Hernandez for their series opener with the Bills. I would be curious how Belichick will redo his game plan to deal with that huge hole. Without his top TEs and with a different WR group for Brady to get the ball to.

Edited by simpleman

I'd be curious to hear some tech folk chime in with how effective "smash the phone with a hammer" or other techniques to wipe would be with clearing data. Obviously, any other device he communicated with still has record of its texts to/from him.

Likewise the security system assuming all is basic high end gear.

I am not a tech expert by any means. However, I will add my knowledge.

Just because you erase info on a hard drive or memory card does not mean it is erased. Unless you take the time to fully delete the memory. On a HDD you must wipe it out by reformatting, adding a new file over it, or by other more complicated tasks people do not know about. On a memory card, as long as you do not replace or add new information you can retrieve your photos. At Ground Zero this was a huge issue. People had to erase their memory cards in front of police officers, etc. When they get home they undelete their photos from the memory card and its like it never was erased.

Bits of CD's, for example, can be replaced and put together to give a lot of information. Piece of a cell phone do not complicate things too much, a lot of it is filler - the memory unit itself is likely still intact unless it was so smashed that you pretty much put it through a hogger.

Verizon is said to keep text message logs for at least 3 days, and that was verified about 5 years ago. I even asked Verizon, they said they do. They have been rumored to now keep them up to 21 days. I am sure other carriers are not much different.

Most phones also GeoTag and include other information in pictures. This happens a lot on websites where girls post pictures of themselves and the next thing you know the internet now has their address, type of phone, in some cases phone#, and more all through the exif data.

The memory on a phone cannot, generally, be effected by magnets, either. I am assuming his security system was digital, which means it could just have a large magnet over it and it's whiped clean. Still, there may be a chance that enough evidence remains.

In the end, there are enough cameras in this world to give them a lot of information they may want - the biggest example of this is along I-85 in NC. Almost every exit has a camera mounted at it. It would be very possible for the 'man' to follow you for your trip.

With multiple reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for him on serious charges I think there is a very strong possibility that NE will be without both Gronk and Hernandez for their series opener with the Bills. I would be curious how Belichick will redo his game plan to deal with that huge hole. Without his top TEs and with a different WR group for Brady to get the ball to.

if Hernandez is out, the Hoodie will be without his top 5 receivers from 2012. Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, and ?.

Edited by jboyst62