Isnt it good to know

dib

that the chief of homeland security was the #2 choice.

that if you dabble in cocaine and hookers you can still get into the hall of fame a la Mikey Irvin.

202497[/snapback]

Well dib, lookls like Irvin has really used the education he got at "The U". :unsure: That is what they call your beloved university isn't it?

Well dib, lookls like Irvin has really used the education he got at "The U".  :unsure:  That is what they call your beloved university isn't it?

202583[/snapback]

Yes, how sad that he is the only football player that ever used a university to further his own athletic career.

BTW Jim Kelly went to the "U" and is an ex-Cane also, as is Willis McGahee.

What is your 'beloved' university?

Yes, how sad that he is the only football player that ever used a university to further his own athletic career.

202585[/snapback]

Just kiddin man! Notice the wink? :unsure::blink:B-) I usually reserve that for aussie...and once upon a time #89 but she left me. :)

As for me...my beloved alma mater is Hobart College. Known for lacrosse and not much else! Though you could probably dig up some dirt if you tried hard enough.

that if you dabble in cocaine and hookers you can still get into the hall of fame a la Mikey Irvin.

202497[/snapback]

you can do that and still be president. its not what you know, its who you know.

congressmen killing hookers, presidents with coke probems.... whats new???

and Irvin was one of the best.

you can do that and still be president. its not what you know, its who you know.

congressmen killing hookers, presidents with coke probems.... whats new???

and Irvin was one of the best.

202589[/snapback]

the best at which? Killing hookers or coke?

Lets not forget the now current mayor of Washington who was also convicted of consorting with hookers and using cocaine. Ah, it must be nice to have deep pockets and influential friends.

Well dib, lookls like Irvin has really used the education he got at "The U".  :blink:  That is what they call your beloved university isn't it?

202583[/snapback]

Sorry I snapped beerball. I must be getting my period. :unsure:

202585[/snapback]

Dave, don't you worry that FAU will overtake UM in football soon? I mean, what with the lower academic standards up there in Boca the Fightin' Owls will be able to better recruit from the plentiful football talent in our state?

Oh wait, the high academic standards of UM don't apply to athletes in the money programs. Good thing they aren't as strict with the players as that place up in South Bend. :unsure:

On the other hand, the basketball team seems to be getting better since the move to the ACC. They're a fun team to watch. Y'know, if you're in to basketball. I love to get under Gator fans skins when they whine about the football team. I say, "Well, UF is a basketball school anyway." I might have to start breaking that line out with my 'Cane friends.

UM has had some real winners there...i mean has anyone seen their newest project...his name is willie williams (i think), recruited last year, and hes been arrested something like 11 times...we withdrew our scholarship offer to him last yr here at FSU because of his off the field problems...

sounds like a future raiders draft pick...

we withdrew our scholarship offer to him last yr here at FSU because of his off the field problems...

Sure, that's why you withdrew the scholarship. :)

You'd still take him in a heartbeat.

Canes. Florida State Champs.

202497[/snapback]

Oh please. Football players are not alter boys. Remember Paul Horning? Lawrence Taylor? OJ Simpson (partied during football years)? And shall we believe that the members of the Bills Superbowl teams never ever dabbled in drugs???

Fans in glass houses...

Leave Irvin alone, he did turn his life around. I even think he's very good on the NFL countdown.

UM has had some real winners there...i mean has anyone seen their newest project...his name is willie williams (i think), recruited last year, and hes been arrested something like 11 times...we withdrew our scholarship offer to him last yr here at FSU because of his off the field problems...

sounds like a future raiders draft pick...

202629[/snapback]

Miami still offered him a scholarship....