Bee-atch

:lol:

Armed guard is telling her to get off the plane, dumbass asks for the flight attendant to explain why. Because stewardesses have authority that supersedes TSA's.

Way to put that college edumacashion to work.

They are getting a bit picky with the electronics. @ my work there are 10's of thousands of recreational boaters that go through every year... Lot are wasted drunk. You learn to pick your battles or the USCG would be busting everybody for petty offenses. Nobody listens, people get blinders/tunnel vision when being on the water, in the sun, and boozing it up all day. The best thing to do is to turn all the rule abiding ones on the rule breakers. They straighten up pretty quick when the rule abiding boaters start on them! All they gotta here from the lock operator is "Nobody is getting through, we are all gonna have quality time together if some can't behave." Sure it is a d*ck move, but it works and keeps the natives in line. Amazingly very little actual law enforcement is needed... The DUI's would start flowing if the USCG, Convservation Police, or CPD Marine units were called in. And also amazingly, nobody gets hurt or drowns...

Maybe in your opinion, but not in mine. Not too hard to turn off your precious cell phone when instructed. Unless you're an @ssh0le.

Exactly and usually they will ask you multiple times. Like it or not or agree with it or not it is a rule. I don't believe for a minute that a cell phone is going to crash a plane. I do wonder what these kind of people would do though in a real emergency. Not likely that they will act in anyone's interest other than their own.

You are stuffed into a metal tube with 150 or so other people so etiquette and an awareness that your actions impact others are important.

I love the part where she tells everyone to 'not hide their children from the world....people do **** and get arrested...' Nothing like justifying acting like a complete douche including dropping 50 F bombs in front of kids. Totally classless, self absorbed behavior.

I love the part where she tells everyone to 'not hide their children from the world....people do **** and get arrested...' Nothing like justifying acting like a complete douche including dropping 50 F bombs in front of kids. Totally classless, self absorbed behavior.

or the dumb batch across from the video saying look out for the kid. Really. You're worried about the kid getting pushed by his mom?

Maybe in your opinion, but not in mine. Not too hard to turn off your precious cell phone when instructed. Unless you're an @ssh0le.

Couldn't agree more. When I travel, I want the plane to get in the air as fast as possible - and get to my destination safely as fast as possible. Every time I see these idiots keeping their electronic devices on ... only to have the attendants make another announcement, then have to do additional walk-throughs ... it just pisses me off because they are, in effect, delaying departure.

Exactly and usually they will ask you multiple times. Like it or not or agree with it or not it is a rule. I don't believe for a minute that a cell phone is going to crash a plane. I do wonder what these kind of people would do though in a real emergency. Not likely that they will act in anyone's interest other than their own.

You are stuffed into a metal tube with 150 or so other people so etiquette and an awareness that your actions impact others are important.

I wish they would just tell passengers the truth and not blatantly lie.

The risk of phones and other electronic devices "interfering" with flight controls is laughably small, I'm told by a Motorola engineer.

However, the risk to oneself and other passengers should something go wrong during takeoff and landing when a user's attention and focus are elsewhere, that I get.

So just tell the passengers: Please bear with us until we're at cruising altitude. The captain would prefer to have your undivided attention in the event of a takeoff or landing emergency.

I understand the airlines wanting to keep calm the herd, but they fully acknowledge emergencies and in-flight complications anyways, what's one extra layer to ensure safety/not lie to your patrons?

The risk of phones and other electronic devices "interfering" with flight controls is laughably small, I'm told by a Motorola engineer.

However, the risk to oneself and other passengers should something go wrong during takeoff and landing when a user's attention and focus are elsewhere, that I get.

So just tell the passengers: Please bear with us until we're at cruising altitude. The captain would prefer to have your undivided attention in the event of a takeoff or landing emergency.

I understand the airlines wanting to keep calm the herd, but they fully acknowledge emergencies and in-flight complications anyways, what's one extra layer to ensure safety/not lie to your patrons?

Airlines lie all the time ... Why flights are delayed, flight not being cancelled will be leaving in 15 minutes.

The issue more relevant here is the lack of self control on the part of people in a shared space or experience. The selfishness of some people plays out in any of a number of settings:

- failure to pick up after yourself

- shoving in front of people in lines

- talking during movies, concerts, public events...

- not allowing others to merge in traffic

Etc, etc

More and more people are self absorbed and simply rude.

Airlines lie all the time ... Why flights are delayed, flight not being cancelled will be leaving in 15 minutes.

The issue more relevant here is the lack of self control on the part of people in a shared space or experience. The selfishness of some people plays out in any of a number of settings:

Etc, etc

Ha, well...yeah. :)

I think that's a word ("rude") that's so encompassing and so important, but so terribly underused nowadays.

He was being "loud."

He was being "obnoxious."

He was being "uncooperative."

He was being "a dick."

He was being RUDE.

"Rude" means unmannerly, i.e. in opposition to our codified set of manners. When you tell someone they're being "rude" you're saying "hey, you're not supposed to act that way," suggesting there's a way we're all supposed to act, and this aint it.

All other descriptors, while perhaps more accurate, don't imply wrongdoing the same way "rude" does, IMO. And it's high time we bring the word back!

Edited by taC giB ehT

Ha, well...yeah. :)

I think that's a word ("rude") that's so encompassing and so important, but so terribly underused nowadays.

He was being "loud."

He was being "obnoxious."

He was being "uncooperative."

He was being "a dick."

He was being RUDE.

"Rude" means unmannerly, i.e. in opposition to our codified set of manners. When you tell someone they're being "rude" you're saying "hey, you're not supposed to act that way," suggesting there's a way we're all supposed to act, and this aint it.

All other descriptors, while perhaps more accurate, don't imply wrongdoing the same way "rude" does, IMO. And it's high time we bring the word back!

People do not realize that this also someones job and money on the line. It is costing tens of thousands for this womans bull. Maybe more. And, it is someones job to have to clean up after her, and fix her mistakes. The woman at the counter of the arriving destination will have to stop and explain to someone who may get upset that they have to wait for a late flight, or this throwing off the schedule for the entire day could cause someone to miss a connecting flight which could be to an important destination. But, it's ok, this woman deserved her 5 minutes...

using a crapper stall to pee when all the urinals are available!!! :censored:

Etc, etc

Path of least resistance. I agree on the part about when somebody gives you an order (no matter how picky), follow it. Not exactly win-win, but one isn't being kicked off a plane and hauled to jail.

Yep... That was hysterical... My God. If she has children, they gotta be pretty much screwed.

I agree. Seems more problems arise in how they handle it by blantantly lieing...

Etc, etc

Sign of the times. Everybody think of themselves and not collectively. It is a culture problem that is getting worse.

But, she is college educated. This is where I wish I was allowed to walk around with a really big stick to knock people like this up side the head.

I'm sure her alma mater is quite proud of her. I know what word Paula Deen would have called her.

Edited by DDD