RIP Griswald and another

boyst

Well, it's been a ****ty two days.

It started yesterday. With a pretty personal loss. Not directly to me or gf or anything, but close enough, family should say enough. I am not going to speak of it here.

My girlfriend Kelly had Griswald before we met and I adopted him since she has been living with me. For some time he has been ailing with a slipped disc and it has been treated with meds. Yesterday evening Griswald began having major spasms in his neck and was unable to move his legs and lower body. An almost 6 year old French Bulldog, he was all heart and muscle. It is common for the dogs to have slipped discs and neck issues.

Last night in the middle of the night he began having a severe spasm and would not let us touch him. We tried to pick him up to let him go to the bathroom and get food and water but he bit us in fear. I knew but I do not think my GF knew it was not a good sign and only meant that it was going to be long morning. He remained standing the rest of the night. He could not lay down, he could not move his head. We loaded Gris in the car still in the crate to avoid touching him and handling him. She took him to her parents until she could get to the vet - 8:30 (it was about 6am).

She texted me a little after 9am that he went peacefully. Later did I only learn how rough his last moments were. He was in tremendous pain, and was all heart until the end.

I will miss that little dog. Kelly refuses to acknowledge it, she came home before I got here and took everything of his out. My routines when I get home won't be the same for a while. Come on, get something to drink, let the dog out, turn on Futurama and hit rewind before 5:24. Change clothes. Let dog in.

Aw man, I'm really sorry JB. There are few things more painful in life than the loss of a furry friend.

:cry:

I'm really sorry to hear that. My cat (and first pet) died a swift but sad death last year, and it was extra sad because I watched him breath his last breath, and my daughter was old enough to understand it. It is sad to see them suffering, so if there is any happy thought to have, it's that the suffering didn't last too long.

Condolences, dude. Be well.

So sorry to hear brother. My fiancé has a Shizu-Poodle mix long before I met her. In the last 3 years I can say that I've not only fallen in love with her, but her puppy as well. She just turned 12 this year and being an indoor dog, I feel she is in great shape and could push into the higher teens. But man, do I dread the day when she is longer here. Ill be out of work for weeks. Absolutely shot and not able to do anything. I'm very sorry to hear of this man. Thoughts are with you for sure.