I have always wanted this kind of mentality for our team.

this type of attitude is exactly what the bills have been lacking for quite some time. and i think it is exactly what the fans want to see from these boys on sundays. and especially sundays in january!

I dunno, I'd hope they'd be nicer when they're not playing football.

The NFL is making it harder and harder to play with this mentality.

Disagree.

The NFL was just as violent last year as any year I can remember.

There were just less dirty plays.

Anyways, every fan base in the NFL would want their team to be viewed as tough, physical, smash-mouth, etc. We're no different.

I'm interested to see what sort of personality this team develops.

The interesting thing to me about the Bills team image over its history is that the great Bills teams of the mid-60s teams really seemed to reflect Buffalo's identity moreso than the great 90s teams.

JMO.

Disagree.

The NFL was just as violent last year as any year I can remember.

There were just less dirty plays.

JMO.

I don't want to get caught up in semantics, but I cannot agree with the bolded. The difference is that plays that are now considered "dirty" used to be a legit part of the game. The big change is the passing game. In the days of Lott, Tatum, Atkinson, etc., going over the middle was a life threatening experience, especially if the pass was high. They would crush receivers with timed hits. This is out, and when it does happen the fines are huge.

Also, qbs are protected like never before. Some of the old timers would have had longer, better careers under today's conditions. Teams were always built around QBs, but not as much as today,

I don't want to get caught up in semantics, but I cannot agree with the bolded. The difference is that plays that are now considered "dirty" used to be a legit part of the game. The big change is the passing game. In the days of Lott, Tatum, Atkinson, etc., going over the middle was a life threatening experience, especially if the pass was high. They would crush receivers with timed hits. This is out, and when it does happen the fines are huge.

Also, qbs are protected like never before. Some of the old timers would have had longer, better careers under today's conditions. Teams were always built around QBs, but not as much as today,

You can add slot receivers as well. Guys like Welker would be get destroyed in the older days. It's why every passing stat now needs to come with a giant *. Same thing with sack records. The NFL is becoming the outdoor arena league. I get why but its not the same game.

On the other side, it is absolutely amazing the stats Peterson put up last year, especially with that qb.