Would the Pats* dynasty happened if Parcells was still head coach?

Merely pointed out that choosing a slice of immorality and illegality to get upset about in a league like the NFL is silly.

I wasn't the least bit angry when I wrote the previous post.

Never had piss in corn flakes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks Parcells is overrated knows very little about either coaching or football. Parcells greatest talent was assembling staffs - one of the hardest things to get right. He's the guy who found Belichick and promoted him from within. Belichick would be nothing without him. He's also the guy who hired Tom Coughlin, who obviously went on to great success. There are a lot of other great hires he made over the years too. He's the guy who took over five sorry franchises and turned them all into contenders in short order: the Giants, the Pats, the Jets, the Cowboys, and the Dolphins. People forget that the teams he took over were horrible before he arrived. The Pats were 2-14 and the Dolphins and Jets were both 1-15.

Yah. The problem with the "___ was nothing without ___" argument is it can be used against every coach ever. Primarily as it relates to their usually singular great QB (except for Gibbs).

If taking a three consecutive 5-11 Cowboys team QB'd by Quincy Carter to 34-32 is the biggest blemish on his coaching resume then I'd say that's pretty good. There are HOF coaches with bigger warts than that.

The point about always being in tough divisions is a good one also. The NFCE in the 80's & AFCE in the mid-late 90's were beasts. Less so in 2000's NFCE with the Skins & Giants on a downturn but even then the Eagles were a pretty dominant reg. season team.

Yah. The problem with the "___ was nothing without ___" argument is it can be used against every coach ever. Primarily as it relates to their usually singular great QB (except for Gibbs).

If taking a three consecutive 5-11 Cowboys team QB'd by Quincy Carter to 34-32 is the biggest blemish on his coaching resume then I'd say that's pretty good. There are HOF coaches with bigger warts than that.

The point about always being in tough divisions is a good one also. The NFCE in the 80's & AFCE in the mid-late 90's were beasts. Less so in 2000's NFCE with the Skins & Giants on a downturn but even then the Eagles were a pretty dominant reg. season team.

Yep.

Due to injuries and whatnot, Parcells was forced to start QBs Ray Lucas and Rick Mirer for the 1999 season and still went 8-8.