Hey JBoyst this is grass fed....

BuffaloBill

This is highly misleading. Pigs are omnivores and cannot survive alone on vegetation. They need other forms of feed, which is why when you see grassfed pork you are seeing a bold faced lie. You should turn those folks in, also. Mixing in the pot is really nothing. It likely adds nothing to the pork.

The beer and vodka is nothing new. The pigs eat what is basically the fermented hops once the beer is produced, and other by products of the brew. They also slop in the giant "heads" that are made when producing the beer. My gramps did this when he had pork, the pigs would get drunk and stupid. They'd bite each others ears and tails, sometimes chewing them off.

This seems like a non-story on a slow news day trying to drum up talk of weed.

This is highly misleading. Pigs are omnivores and cannot survive alone on vegetation. They need other forms of feed, which is why when you see grassfed pork you are seeing a bold faced lie. You should turn those folks in, also. Mixing in the pot is really nothing. It likely adds nothing to the pork.

The beer and vodka is nothing new. The pigs eat what is basically the fermented hops once the beer is produced, and other by products of the brew. They also slop in the giant "heads" that are made when producing the beer. My gramps did this when he had pork, the pigs would get drunk and stupid. They'd bite each others ears and tails, sometimes chewing them off.

This seems like a non-story on a slow news day trying to drum up talk of weed.

More information than I bargained for...

What would happen if a stoned Boyst decided to pig out on a pot pig?

He'd become a pot-bellied pig?

This part was funny:

He said that the pigs that are fed the marijuana just lie around and barely lift their heads.

“I name all my pigs,” said von Scheneidau “and Ted told Tim they shouldn’t tell me,” whether or not they’re high.

The pigs’ laziness might contribute to the fact that those who eat the weed gain weight 20 percent faster than those who don’t, as one would expect, even though von Scheneidau said the pot pigs don’t actually consume any extra food.

The weight gain contributes to the marbled, fattier texture of the pork that is eventually processed and made into bacon, prosciutto, sausage, pork chops and pulled pork.

Von Scheneidau says that beyond a difference in consistency, people have described the weed-infused meat as “more savory” in “blind bacon tests.”

"The flavor of the fat is extraordinary, [customers] love the marbling of the fat," said von Scheneidau.

And while customers haven’t reported getting high while eating or cooking the pork, von Scheneidau said BB Ranch sells out of the pot pig meat before batches are even processed.

The beer and vodka is nothing new. The pigs eat what is basically the fermented hops once the beer is produced, and other by products of the brew. They also slop in the giant "heads" that are made when producing the beer. My gramps did this when he had pork, the pigs would get drunk and stupid. They'd bite each others ears and tails, sometimes chewing them

So you're saying pigs are Irish?