What are the chances.... (Home opener related)

The coaches and players don't hope for opponents to be at full strength, why would you? Based on your logic why not just assemble an All Star team and have the Bills play them to see how they perform. As I stated earlier injuries and suspensions are part of the game. I don't remember the Patriots or any other team cutting the Bills any slack when they have injuries or suspensions.

You misunderstand my logic, then.

I'm not saying we cut anyone slack, I'm not saying to not take the win. I'm saying I want to see how our team stacks up against our competitors on a level playing field.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand my logic, then.

I'm not saying we cut anyone slack, I'm not saying to not take the win. I'm saying I want to see how our team stacks up against our competitors on a level playing field.

Okay, but can't we see how they stack up against competitors at full strength like the Jets rather than the Patriots? I'm just so sick of them. I'm sick of them being fawned over. I'm sick of how brilliant their every move is. I'm sick of Belichick behaving as though he is running the NSA instead of a football team, and I'm sick of the special treatment Brady receives. I just want the Bills to beat them and I don't care how or why!

Okay, but can't we see how they stack up against competitors at full strength like the Jets rather than the Patriots? I'm just so sick of them. I'm sick of them being fawned over. I'm sick of how brilliant their every move is. I'm sick of Belichick behaving as though he is running the NSA instead of a football team, and I'm sick of the special treatment Brady receives. I just want the Bills to beat them and I don't care how or why!

That was GREAT !

Post of the month right there ! eusa_clap.gif

Awesome

Its so pathetic we have to hope for surgery, murder and FA attrition to not get dominated by our division rival year in, year out.

I don't think anyone was HOPING for surgery or murder. But we'll certainly take a sh&tty hand other teams are dealt. God knows we've had enough ourselves.

I don't care how we win. If we are playing a team without Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Woodhead, this is the bulk of the offense the last two years. This is not the tema f the superbowl wins where they had awesome defenses. They've relied on offense, so without these weapons, and Belicheck not having tape on Marrone, and Hacket, we could really benefit week 1.

Yes, I want to play their best, but we need momentum. We need to win early, gain confidence, and get our mojo in the first few weeks. It is possible.

I have hope although guarded this year.

If we beat the Patriots, we might get some of that "well, ya know they were without the TEs and Brady still needs to develop chemistry with Amendola," etc. We just need to keep winning after that.

Indeed. And if we don't, we'll all hear about the excuses.

99% for Hernandez b.c Goodell will suspend him even if he beats it.

Gronk is unknown I say 40% the 12 week recovery puts him in track for 2 days after the Bills game. We all know athletes don't heal on the same time table. You won't know till the Pats take him off pup list. They have till the last day in Aug after that Gronk can't be cleared to play till after week 6.

Actually we just have to hope for a QB who doesn't LIKE to turn the ball over. If you actually look at it the Bills actually give the Pats problems just our QB was guaranteed to give you a turnover when you most needed him.

99% for Hernandez b.c Goodell will suspend him even if he beats it.

Gronk is unknown I say 40% the 12 week recovery puts him in track for 2 days after the Bills game. We all know athletes don't heal on the same time table. You won't know till the Pats take him off pup list. They have till the last day in Aug after that Gronk can't be cleared to play till after week 6.

Actually we just have to hope for a QB who doesn't LIKE to turn the ball over. If you actually look at it the Bills actually give the Pats problems just our QB was guaranteed to give you a turnover when you most needed him.

It is one think to heal faster for athletes, but another to get them in game-shape. I am sure he is likely to go on PUP (They have to make that decision on starting of training camp ?) and miss the first six games. I think the Pats are going to go back to the market and resign Brandon Lloyd to get the continuity.

I'm thinking we'll win 31-0...........When do we play them in Foxboro??

12/29, last game of the season. Hopefully, we will be playing for the AFC East crown and crush them once for a change....It will also be our first win at Foxboro at the new stadium

Its so pathetic we have to hope for surgery, murder and FA attrition to not get dominated by our division rival year in, year out.

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly never "hope" for something to happen to derail a professional athlete's career. These guys have a limited window with which to secure their financial future -- and besides, pulling for someone to get hurt (or go to prison) is just bad karma.

That said -- every team has to deal with adversity and the Bills have certainly dealt with their fair share (self-inflicted or otherwise) over the past decade. If adversity happens upon the team the Bills need to jump over to reach their goals, I'm not going to be feeling a whole lot of empathy for them.

Edited by eball