Heat fans leave Gm. 6 early, down 4 with 28 seconds left

Wooderson

No, they hate him because he screwed his home town team over. They hate him because he acted dishonorable in doing it. Many leave, many pick where they want to live and work... No big deal. BUT they don't do it the way he did it. That is why they hate him, IMO. @ least do it with grace and dignity. They hate him because he is a dirtball.

Is that not a reason? I am a hater for that sole reason.

We went to Cedar Point the last 4 days... I was in Meijer late after the Spurs won game 5. I didn't know who won so I asked one of the guys stocking... They said Spurs, I was happy... But not to offend, I made sure nobody was a Heat fan. The look I got was priceless! Then in a flash, it dawned on me... I am freaking 60 miles from Cleveland... Like DUH! We all agreed on what I said above... That Lebron is a dirtball on how his choice played out... NOT that he made a choice, that there should still be an ounce of honor in this world. Seeing him succeed is rewarding that dishonor.

Just my 2 cents...

Lol he didnt do anything wrong. He was there for so long and the team didn't surround him with anyone. They had their chance. Most other star players would have left earlier if they didn't get help but LeBron stayed.

Oh and the way he did it? You mean raising money for charity on the broadcast? Don't get angry at LeBron get angry at Cleveland's ownership for failing to surround LeBron like the Bulls did with MJ.

Edited by EJ3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about friends and acquaintances that have left their home towns in search of better opportunities with jobs that offered more money, more advancement etc? Please don't lose sight of the fact that just because its a game to us, it's a job to Lebron, Kobe etc...did he go about the move wrong? Sure, no argument here, but that is the ego that is seemingly inherent in top athletes. But don't fault him for chasing after his job goal, which is a championship, that he probably didn't have a good shot at in cleveland.

No, they hate him because he screwed his home town team over. They hate him because he acted dishonorable in doing it. Many leave, many pick where they want to live and work... No big deal. BUT they don't do it the way he did it. That is why they hate him, IMO. @ least do it with grace and dignity. They hate him because he is a dirtball.

We went to Cedar Point the last 4 days... I was in Meijer late after the Spurs won game 5. I didn't know who won so I asked one of the guys stocking... They said Spurs, I was happy... But not to offend, I made sure nobody was a Heat fan. The look I got was priceless! Then in a flash, it dawned on me... I am freaking 60 miles from Cleveland... Like DUH! We all agreed on what I said above... That Lebron is a dirtball on how his choice played out... NOT that he made a choice, that there should still be an ounce of honor in this world. Seeing him succeed is rewarding that dishonor.

Just my 2 cents...

and also, how frigging nails was that shot by ray allen....unreal, then bosch's block on green at the end of OT....WOW!!!

As a big Celtics fan, Ray hittng that shot really killed...part of me was happy for him, but I have to admit, my petty sports grudges had me silently hoping that the Heat do not win a ring...and if they do, I really wanted Ray Allen to have no meaingful contribution...instead, his shot likely stole a ring from the Spurs.

Lol he didnt do anything wrong. He was there for so long and the team didn't surround him with anyone. They had their chance. Most other star players would have left earlier if they didn't get help but LeBron stayed.

Oh and the way he did it? You mean raising money for charity on the broadcast? Don't get angry at LeBron get angry at Cleveland's ownership for failing to surround LeBron like the Bulls did with MJ.

Don't spoil the LeBron haters parties with facts. :doh: Even this story about the heat fans leaving is a way for the media to reach out to so many leBron haters thirsting for anything negative about LeBron's Heat that they can get their hands on.

Even Lebron admitted he screwed up in how he left Cleveland, yet you can't?

It was a stupid decision and he should have been given much better advice.

No one hates the guy's game. But there is no denying that "the decision" caused him to lose a lot of fans.

Even Lebron admitted he screwed up in how he left Cleveland, yet you can't?

It was a stupid decision and he should have been given much better advice.

No one hates the guy's game. But there is no denying that "the decision" caused him to lose a lot of fans.

He did it to shut you people up but it didn't work. The decision was going to lose him fans no matter what so who cares.

The fact that you still hate is funny. They talk about heat bandwagon but what about the Cleveland/Hate LeBron bandwagon... Almost Tebow like.

Edited by EJ3

He did it to shut you people up but it didn't work. The decision was going to lose him fans no matter what so who cares.

The fact that you still hate is funny. They talk about heat bandwagon but what about the Cleveland/Hate LeBron bandwagon... Almost Tebow like.

Riiiiighhhhhttttt.....

How do you feel about friends and acquaintances that have left their home towns in search of better opportunities with jobs that offered more money, more advancement etc? Please don't lose sight of the fact that just because its a game to us, it's a job to Lebron, Kobe etc...did he go about the move wrong? Sure, no argument here, but that is the ego that is seemingly inherent in top athletes. But don't fault him for chasing after his job goal, which is a championship, that he probably didn't have a good shot at in cleveland.

I thought I addressed that in my post. Archie Manning never left NOLA. Sure that was before free agency. Would he have done it now? Not sure.

Just my 2 cents...

Plus, as a player, there's something about his personality.... Even in Cleveland, he wasnt particularly compelling as much as the storyline of the hometown boy doing good for his city was... I don't think I'd really like lebron on any team, but Cleveland gave an excuse to root for him.

Am I supposed to like him just cause he's good at basketball?

Edited by NoSaint

Plus, as a player, there's something about his personality.... Even in Cleveland, he wasnt particularly compelling as much as the storyline of the hometown boy doing good for his city was... I don't think I'd really like lebron on any team, but Cleveland gave an excuse to root for him.

Am I supposed to like him just cause he's good at basketball?

No charisma.

I hate Miami as much (maybe even more) than anyone... don't blame LeBron for his choice, just the way he went about making it. I think the hate for him personally is a little out of whack... honestly, though I will always root against him, he seems like a pretty decent person. It is hard to hate him... "franchise" players leave their teams all the time....it is just the way sports have evolved. Players in all leagues now have more freedom than they did when many of us (30-40-50 somethings) were falling in love with sports.

I hate Miami as much (maybe even more) than anyone... don't blame LeBron for his choice, just the way he went about making it.

I agree. I don't hate him for the choice, just the douchbaggery way he carried it out. That is what everybody is saying... He showed absolutely no honor in how it was carried out.

I agree. I don't hate him for the choice, just the douchbaggery way he carried it out. That is what everybody is saying... He showed absolutely no honor in how it was carried out.

What Doc Rivers is about to do to the Celtics is almost every bit as bad. He is dead to me...

Doc would be stupid to not leave the Celtics.

I understand what you are saying, but that is the attitude that, I think, is more and more turning older people off of sports.

Maybe so, but he is showing the world what a fraud he is. The same guy who bad mouthed Ray Allen for leaving is fugging over the franchise that made him...stuck with him when everyone thought he was an awful coach...they gave him the pieces to win a ring, paid him very nicely...just last season he claimed he was in it for the long haul, realizing a rebuild was on the way.

Part of the reason the Celtics wanted him so badly was that he is popular with players, and a good recruitment piece for the Celtics. Not many players want to go to Boston...even Kevin Garnett had to be convinced to accept a trade to the Celtics...Celtics did everything right by Rivers, and it isn't that he doesn't want to coach next season, he just doesn't want to stick with a team that is going to rebuild..very disappointed with him.

I don't begrudge players who want out as much as a coach that a team is bending over backwards to appease...players have less control over where they will be, how long they will play, and how much money they will make. Back before Thibideux left for the Bulls, there was a buzz that the Celtics shouldn't let him go....

Just my 2 cents...

That's why I hate him, and Miami, that's for sure.

90% of American hates him for that.

That's why I hate him, and Miami, that's for sure.

90% of American hates him for that.

When you still hate someone for doing what he wanted rightfully YEARS ago then it goes beyond that.

Just funny LeBron tried to do everything he could to stay in Cleveland but a certain owner didn't listen. People by hating LeBron are really hating the owner.

Edited by EJ3

I wish I was a tall basketball player so I didnt have to go to college to earn a living.

99.9% of American players go to college. And the majority don't come close to making the NBA. If you make the NBA, you have worked extremely hard to get there.

When you still hate someone for doing what he wanted rightfully YEARS ago then it goes beyond that.

Just funny LeBron tried to do everything he could to stay in Cleveland but a certain owner didn't listen. People by hating LeBron are really hating the owner.

I agree with most of your other stuff but the LeBron hero worship is over the top. Face it, he took the easy route. The majority of the greats stay with their team until they win. LeBron had to join 2 other max contract guys because it was easier. That's cool but it definitely is going to taint his legacy to a lot of people.

And this has been an amazing series. SA didn't get enough credit for how good they are. They play amazing team basketball. But it's hard to imagine them bouncing back from that last. If that was the Bills, I would have a broken TV.

And Miami fans were the worst long before that last game.