Heat fans leave Gm. 6 early, down 4 with 28 seconds left

Wooderson

Hundreds of Heat fans leave Game 6 early and then start going crazy when they find out the game went to overtime and they aren't allowed back in. Embarrassing.

http://deadspin.com/hundreds-of-heat-fans-leave-game-6-early-a-nation-laug-514254371?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course in the NBA the last 28 seconds usually takes about 1/2 hour so you can kinda understand.

I presume there was some horrible call thrown in there to ensure the league didn't miss out on revenue from a Game 7?

Of course in the NBA the last 28 seconds usually takes about 1/2 hour so you can kinda understand.

I presume there was some horrible call thrown in there to ensure the league didn't miss out on revenue from a Game 7?

Their was but Miami was able to come back from it. In this instance the refs almost put game 6 in the bag but you can't count out the Heat.

Edited by EJ3

That was an awesome ending. 'Bron 'Bron dominated the last couple of minutes. He is such a great player. This has been a stellar championship series.

Just another triple double for LeBron. Poor guy has to carry the team on his back quarters at a time.

Their was but Miami was able to come back from it. In this instance the refs almost put game 6 in the bag but you can't count out the Heat.

Uh....what?

You remind me of the guy who used to post here that would get upset when people didn't worship Kobe Bryant.

Uh....what?

You remind me of the guy who used to post here that would get upset when people didn't worship Kobe Bryant.

Kobe!

No but seriously LeBron haters are the funniest people to mess with. They have no real reason they hate LeBron other then he wanted to choose who he played for.

Edited by EJ3

Heat's LeBron James, Chris Bosh see yellow, then red before spoiling Spurs' coronation

MIAMI - The yellow tape started to surround the Miami Heat, the security cordoning the court for the San Antonio Spurs' championship celebration. All around, thousands of fans had fled for the exits. There were 28 seconds left, the Heat on the cusp of history remembering them for NBA Finals failures, a champion of hype and hubris. "They brought out the yellow tape," Chris Bosh said, "and it was getting me pissed off.

In all the chaos of these final minutes, something else captured LeBron James' eye for a moment: the championship ceremony platform had started to be moved into the tunnel at American Airlines Arena.

Four times, Duncan had watched them come courtside with the yellow tape, the podium and preparations to pass him the trophy. Twenty eight seconds away again, the arena beginning to empty, and desperation washed over these Heat. They were preparing for a Spurs coronation, and James, Bosh and Allen, champions themselves, refused to let it happen here.

and also, how frigging nails was that shot by ray allen....unreal, then bosch's block on green at the end of OT....WOW!!!

i still dont get the "pull duncan on defense, and then EVERYONE SWARM BOSH FOR THE REBOUND" - Instead of just staying on the perimeter there and conceding the put back inside

i still dont get the "pull duncan on defense, and then EVERYONE SWARM BOSH FOR THE REBOUND" - Instead of just staying on the perimeter there and conceding the put back inside

I bet pop was thinking the Heat would keep the ball till last second not thinking LeBron would shoot early and their would be a scramble for the ball. The shot clock was off so that is my guess.

Kind of like the Miracle at Rich.

Nevertheless you have a snapshot of the professional fans here in Habana Norte

They were only down by 4 w/28 seconds... That is eternity. Only a two possession game TO WIN. Even when they were down by 10... That only like being down 24 in football...

My point is that The Comeback wasn't even close to this.

I agree on the fans comment though...

I bet pop was thinking the Heat would keep the ball till last second not thinking LeBron would shoot early and their would be a scramble for the ball. The shot clock was off so that is my guess.

even so, the team should have had pretty clear instructions - DO NOT LEAVE RAY ALLEN NEAR THE PERIMETER. if they are taking duncan out and in some way conceding the rebound, dont have everyone crash for the rebound leaving people open outside.

if i had to take a guess, the players didnt quite follow the plan, hoping to put the game away right there.

Kobe!

No but seriously LeBron haters are the funniest people to mess with. They have no real reason they hate LeBron other then he wanted to choose who he played for.

No, they hate him because he screwed his home town team over. They hate him because he acted dishonorable in doing it. Many leave, many pick where they want to live and work... No big deal. BUT they don't do it the way he did it. That is why they hate him, IMO. @ least do it with grace and dignity. They hate him because he is a dirtball.

Is that not a reason? I am a hater for that sole reason.

We went to Cedar Point the last 4 days... I was in Meijer late after the Spurs won game 5. I didn't know who won so I asked one of the guys stocking... They said Spurs, I was happy... But not to offend, I made sure nobody was a Heat fan. The look I got was priceless! Then in a flash, it dawned on me... I am freaking 60 miles from Cleveland... Like DUH! We all agreed on what I said above... That Lebron is a dirtball on how his choice played out... NOT that he made a choice, that there should still be an ounce of honor in this world. Seeing him succeed is rewarding that dishonor.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois